1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Power of Guilt

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Gumtree, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Gumtree

Just a random thread that I have been inspired to post after watching the movie "Poster Boy".

It really made me realize how strong family bonds can be even when you have terrible relationships with your family - they managed to guilt you into things you don't want to do, make you feel obliged for things that aren't your responsibility, sacrifice things you should never have to sacrifice and worse.

It amazes me how strong the emotion of guilt can be; I think a lot of people in life have many of their inner problems spring from guilt, without even recognizing the emotion - confusing it for things like hate and sadness and even for love.

It seems, the fear of guilt is just as strong as well, it forces us to steer clear of paths that would put us in a shade of shame in the eyes of others even when that path would be better for us as an individual - for example staying in the closet, living a secretive life, following career aspirations forces on you by pushy parents etc etc.

Just some random words for thought.

It was a great movie, highly recommend watching it.

P.S
    OMG I just had the Air Con guys come and fix our A/C and HOLY F$%K they were both so hot ><
    I am surprised i didn't freak em out because I couldn't stop looking.