1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

am i being overly worried?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by heyKittie, Sep 23, 2015.

1. heyKittie

So I was saying my speech for a class at school to my mom(it was written in my handbook), and that book also has my schedule. When I was done, she went snooping through it and found where I had put "biwareness day" for today, as its Bisexual Awareness day. She asked me what it was, And I panicked and told her my friend wrote it and I didn't think it actually said that. Now I'm worried that she will look up what it means or something, although she probably wont. My biggest fear is my parents finding out I'm bisexual before I tell them. I really want to tell my mom, but I don't think its the right time. I'm living at home with my parents, who are pretty religious, And I'm not sure how they would react when I tell them. I just feel really stressed about not telling them, And always living in fear that they'll find out. I just really need some advice r something. I was thinking out seeing a therapist just to tell someone my problems and to give me advice, but I don't want my parents worrying or finding out. Help please!! :help:

2. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Oh hell I know that feeling. I'm out as trans to my school, but not at home, and I am fucking PARANOID my mother will find out somehow. I live with them (Actually I'm only a year older than you are). But really, if your mom does look it up, just tell her you're supporting other people because you want to accept everyone for who they are; not everyone who supports gay rights is gay :slight_smile:
    And just, no worries, alright? I know you're scared, but just take a deep, deep breath. It's going to be okay.

3. heyKittie

Thank you, I think I'm going to see my sister's trusted therapist at least once to see if she can help. I'm not as paranoid as I was yesterday, i was kinda panicking then lol.