1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

back to school...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by metkigro, Jan 6, 2009.

1. metkigro

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ok I'm sorry I post to many threads. I know! I just need some support and some advice. As many of you know I'm one of the biggest closet cases at my school and tomorrow is our first day back from winter break. I think I'm ready to come out, but I don't know how to go about it. Because the week before we got out for winter break I promised myself that I would tell them the truth if they asked, but of course no one asked when I was open. So I just need some suggestions or advise. Should I just tell one person and see if it spreads?

#1 metkigro, Jan 6, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  2. justinishere

I think you should personally tell your closeest friends first. It nothing that everyone needs to know at first. I would keep it to friends then if you want to tell people I think you should do it :slight_smile: I know it's hard but stick with a few then more. Hope that helps :slight_smile:

3. metkigro

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah it does actually thank you.

4. biisme

Just as justinishere said, I think it would be a good idea to tell your friends first. They might feel hurt if they found out after/with the rest of the school. It can't hurt to tell them first.

As for the rest of the school (if you want them to know), you could wear something with a pride design/logo/picture or a rainbow-y article of clothing. Then, when people ask you could tell them.

5. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't tell the whole school. It's not everyone's business. I would tell your best friends and see how they take it. After that, you can start telling other friends and believe me, it will spread. Don't worry about telling everyone. Like I said, it's not their business.