1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good news!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by jusataqueerhere, Sep 24, 2015.

1. jusataqueerhere

Out Status:
    Some people
    So I came out to my mom last thursday (It's been a week already?) and it went super duper well!

I told her that I was pan, even though poly is my main identifier, because I thought it would be easier for her to understand (she's not really knowledgeable about the lgbtqa community) I sort of blindsided her with it when she was making dinner, but it felt right.

She just asked me how I felt about it (to which I responded that I am really comfortable with my identity. She told me that she loved me and gave me a hug. And kept cooking.

Later she asked me how I felt about it, in terms of what the Bible says (I'm a nondenominational Christian). She said she had a lot of questions about how the church views sexuality, and isn't sure how she feels about it.

I told her that I can still live a christian lifestyle while being pan and that I don't think it's a sin and it doesn't hurt anyone, yadda yadda yadda.

She hasn't talked to me any more about it and hasn't outed me to anyone. She's been as supportive as I could of hoped and everything went back to normal.(!)(!)(!)

*whew* one down, one homophobic dad and two christian brothers left.

2. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

Well done!
    I heartily approve of this and your profile pic.

Good luck for the rest :slight_smile:

3. BigGayAlex

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Super duper to hear it went well with mom! I told my mom last night and she was completely good with it too! Good luck with dad and the bros!

4. Zen fix

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Nice! Happy for you.