1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

should I/how should I come out to my homphobic religious mom

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lucky bunny 7, Sep 26, 2015.

1. lucky bunny 7

I am 18 but still in highschool (I was sent back at a young age.) I am biromantic asexual and wondering my gender. I met this nice girl but I am also biologically a girl I want to ask her to homecoming I am a junior and she is sophomore I thinking that we can perhaps date romantically (if she accepts.) she is lesbian/bi (I am not quite sure.) so she could say yes. However I don't know if she would like to not be driven to homecoming if she agrees... I don't really know how homecoming works... I am going to ask my friends if she wants to be driven that means coming out to my slightly homophobic very biphobic religious Mom and my probably not accepting Dad... I don't know what to do if that happens hope anyone has any advice.

2. WhoAm I

If you feel that you are safe and your parents won't disown you, then come out. However, if you know that your parents will do something bad because of it, I highly suggest against it. If you need to hide something, remember it's okay and just say you are going with a friend. It isn't bad to not come out; in some cases it's better actually. But you should decide whether or not it's safe. Judge your parent's reactions to anything to do with the LGBTQ+ community and choose your words wisely :slight_smile:

3. MouseKeeper

If your mom is homophobic, and you fear she may disown you, I'd recommend waiting until you have an alternative place to go, depending on your age, that may be with a friend you trust, another relative, or out on your own.