1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did I Come Out To My Mom?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LuckyLove, Sep 27, 2015.

1. LuckyLove

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I know it's a weird title, but here I have know idea what's going on. I've always felt like I was dropped in the wrong body and about five months ago my mother and I where talking about transgender people and I started crying. She asked me if I felt that way and I just said if I had a choice when I was born I would have choices to be born a boy. I said I was happy being a girl though and I know I couldn't change it. After that she just said I wasn't transgender and acted like nothing ever happened. Five months later we've never talked about and she acts like everything is normal. So I guess I'm just wondering what is going on?

2. SHIELDAgentAlex

This is…odd.

I think that bringing up that conversation, then telling her that yes, you are trans, would be good. Doesn't seem like you came out, and if you did, she's in denial about it.

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    She probably has an idea that you are transgender. Since you did deny it at the time though, she is probably just continuing on like normal. I think that it would be best to have another conversation with her, and clarify that you are in fact transgender.

4. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Since you were emotional about it, she probably knows it's a big deal but is choosing to ignore it, or else I'd think she would have followed up with you later about that or asked you to explain more.
    But I think the only way to truly affirm it is to tell her right out that you're trans. If you want to come out to her right now like this, you could even use what happened to lead into it, like "Mom, do you remember that time when......Well I wasn't sure what you got from all that but the thing is I'm trans..." or something like that.
    Hope this helps.
    Best wishes<3