1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My life is a disaster

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by EWMK, Sep 28, 2015.

1. EWMK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Have you ever seen a family that dad is gay, daughter maybe lesbian and son is female trans? Yes that's mine.
    This morning, while I was talking to my mom, she said that I looked very menly ( hairy, dark skin ). She doesn't want me to be like my dad ( they're separated ) and she wants me to get married at the age of 27, have kids,... so these make me kind of thinking about my life. I want to be myself but I don't want my mom to be miserable.
    What should I do? I'm waiting for your advices. Thanks

2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your entire family certainly has been through quite a bit. Keep your head high and stay strong!

I can only offer one piece of very direct and clear advice, do what you think will make YOU happy; so long as you are safe and cared for. This is your life; and you need to live it for yourself. Your father is doing that, your sister "might" be doing that, and it is what you need to strive for as well.

Your mother might be sad, but chances are she will love you just the same (you have not made any suggestions otherwise). And while the initial discourse might be there, given what she has been through, you can work with her to help herself rise above the challenges and be happy for you and your sister; and at the same time, for you to be happy as well.

Again, this assumes your safety and well being are maintained. If there are questions about that, please be cautious.

Good Luck!

3. SteveJones

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You should never hide your feelings in order for somebody else, even if it were your family. You are still relatively young, and have plenty of time left to let things work themselves out, which most of them do. Having a family is possible when being gay, and even having children is a dream that can be fulfilled nowadays.

Your mom may have said you look manly, but is that truly a reason to be someone you are not? If I look at your 'taglines' here on emptyclosets, it appears to me you are a strong human being who knows what to truly believe in, you could definitely tell your mom who you are and what to believe in, without the risk of her having a mental breakdown. Just break the news in slowly, and I do believe you will be ok.

Good Luck!