1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stupid me n Boyfriend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Grantious, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Grantious

Heya guyzzz n sexual girls XD,

Well my bf was texting me last nite n kinda giving me a lecture how i should work more n intern meaning I'd have 2 pay mother because my youth allowance would cut off and he's like you have to grow up 1 day n i took major offense to that basically ended up in tears.

Like normally if it'd have been anything else i'd b way more accepting of his "advice" but this is a soft spot because of my depression i feel i cant do stuff that normal ppl can sometimes and what he said made me feel like a complete loser!!! i told him the whole story and he said sorry and he said as my boyfriend that he should have been completely filled in.

Like i told him i had depression just not how bad it CAN get.. even so i find myself hurt n feel like i need a drink haahahah

am i taking this too hard? i think i am but i can't help it ey.

He said he'll always be here for me and we can fight it together which is sweet but yea.

thanks for listening
    xoxoxoxoxo.
    p.s sorry if it didn't make much sence i'm ranting and typing VERY quickly

2. thespanishheart

Hey hun (*hug*)

Well I have a hard time with this situation. I think he should know if you have depression first off. I think that will help with sensativity. Knowing you feel that way sometimes will help him better know you and give you some space and respect.

On the other hand I'm not sure about telling you you should work more. I think the advice could have been worded differently by inserting that it's more of an opinion than a fact, which is what it comes off as. Don't forget, it's your life! He should respect any decision you make in that aspect.

Sorry if I wasn't much help, but that's just how I feel.

3. Aries

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    My Boyfriend And I Have Gone Over And Discussed That Subject Many Times. You Are Still A Teenager, You Are Only A Teenager Once In Your life And Once It's Gone, It's Gone! You Don't Want To Regret Not Living Your Teen Years To The Fullest, I Know I Don't.

Also, He Is Your Boyfriend So This Tells Me He Is Just Trying To Look After You, It Seems Like He Thinks You Would Be Better Off If You Are Working And Earning Your Own Money. But I Think He Should Just Suggest It Instead Of Making It Sound Like You Need To Do It Or Else. In My Opinion, Unless You Working Benefits Him As Much As It Does You Then He Doesn't Have The Right To Tell You What To Do.

It's Alright, I Am Sure He Just Has Other Things On His Mind And Needed To Vent Or Take It Out On Someone And Unfortunately You Got The Impact. I Am Sure He Means Well For You, He Obviously Cares About You Very Much.

I Am Sure You Two Can Work Things Out And You Can Get Your Depression Under Control. It Just Takes Time.

Hope This Helped! :]

4. Jim1454

^^What's With The Capitals On Each Word?

I think you're upset with how he spoke to you likely because you already feel a little guilty or sensitive about this topic. Perhaps it IS time for you to contribute somehow at home.

But at the same time, depression is real, and isn't easily understood by people that have never experienced it. Give him a break - because he can't likely understand how you really feel. And otherwise, he must be a great guy or he wouldn't be your bf.

Try to keep things in context, and not let them bother you too much. At the same time, do what you can - by taking baby steps - to get yourself feeling better and on a path to contribute - either by continuing your education or going out to work.

5. SAGUY84

SAGUY84 Guest

On other forums, it automatically does that when the whole post is typed in capitals!