1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I'm Bisexual...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by DarkAbyss, Sep 30, 2015.

1. DarkAbyss

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I think, well I'm pretty much sure im bi, but I don't know if I should tell my family. My parents are religious but I don't think they'd find it much of a problem. Do you guys think its worth telling them I'm bi? Or should I wait a little until I'm 100% sure?

#1 DarkAbyss, Sep 30, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
  2. Nick1020

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Coming out is something you do on your own terms when you are 100% ready. It's something you do for yourself, not others.

3. xfinitycomcast

My advice is to definitely wait until you're completely sure, I've had to "come out" countless occasions because I wasn't completely sure about it. (I first came out as gay and then I thought, crap, I'm actually pan...) So, yeah. Do make sure that you know that you're bi and also, don't rush it, if you think your parents would be accepting, then there's no real rush to come out anyway. Do it when you're ready to do it.

4. IrishJ

I think, well I'm pretty much sure im bi, but I don't know if I should tell my family. My parents are religious but I don't think they'd find it much of a problem. Do you guys think its worth telling them I'm bi? Or should I wait a little until I'm 100% sure

Good morning D,

As a parent I would want my kids to talk with me, hoping my religion would not get in the way. Any chance you can approach your feelings gently and let them ease into this conversation. Timing is everything, parents sometimes need a little coaxing. Wishing you all the best with your family. - J