1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice needed!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TheRoof, Jan 8, 2009.

1. TheRoof

okay so
    yesterday, i found out that my sister knew i was using this forum.
    she was looking at it when i entered her room, but she turned it off right away, altho i know for certain that she was looking at this forum.
    i dont get why she does that. anyone who read my earlier post would know that
    it was my sister who found out that i was looking at gay websites this past summer,
    and she immediately told my mom about it-so i told them it was just a phase.
    but anyway, why does she always check what websites i visit and all that?
    i almost feel like my privacy is being violated!!
    anyway, im pretty sure she knows that im gay, or at least is engaged in this website,
    cuz she started asking me if had any issues or problems! i was like NO but i just knew that she had this website in her mind when she asked.
    and im pretty sure she told mom (and possibly dad) cuz when i turned on my computer today, i found out that they've been looking at the internet history OMG! and empty closet is right there on the list (most visited, recently visited ..etc)
    and my mom asked me today if i had any close guy friends-and she already know i usually have girlfriends.-she looked visibly distressed.
    i dont know what to do. im pretty sure they know-and im totally not ready to come out.
    and even if i am prepared, my family are last on my list! and now, i think they know before even my friends know!! i just feel really uncomfortable right now. i feel violated.
    any advice? opinion?

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    It sounds like they know. You should probably just come out to them and get all this tension out of the way. It sounds like they will be fine with it. If you don't want your friends to know yet, then ask them to keep it confidential and that you want to be the one to tell your friends.

3. TheRoof

im just not comfortable admitting myself just yet.
    idk why. im just not comfortable-i know who iam but
    im just afraid of this whole thing.
    anyway thanks becky.

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Well you could tell them that their "snooping" has forced you into telling them although you don't really feel all that comfortable yet. Just be honest. Or you can continue to ignore them and let them snoop.

5. Aries

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You Could Just Tell Them That You Are Still Trying To Figure Out Who You Are.
    I Am Sure They Will Understand.
    And As For Your Friends, Just Tell Them When You Are Ready, I Am Sure Your Parents Won't Say Anything If Your Sexuality Isn't Set In Stone Yet.

Good Luck

6. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

Yea I think Becky has got the good advice, I think being honest is a good idea. It sounds like they know already anyway, besides if they had a problem with it I think they would have expressed such problems by now.

7. Mickey

Wow...your privacy has been violated! I'd be pissed,too. I'd tell them,if they don't want to know about you,they need to stay out of your private space!

8. Greggers

Yea this happened to me too. My parents found out i was using EC, but they didnt know i knew they knew so it was just awkward. Honestly, if your not ready to come out yet dont. If your parents have not confronted you, im sure you can ride on the fact they will never confront you first. As for your sister, you might want to tell her. Unless she is a TOTAL bitch and would not keep it secret. She would have a better time accepting it than your parents due to age im assuming and she knows already for sure it sounds like. Talking to someone about it in your family can help you accept it yourself!

9. TheRoof

thanks for the advice people.
    my parents and my sister didnt say anything as of now
    so im just gonna hold off until they confront me directly-im just not ready yet :frowning2:
    but yea, i dont get why my sister keeps checking my webhistories...she's practically trying to know everything i do on my computer ugh

10. TheRoof

yea i think she knows. and for some reason shes unusually nice to me.
    but as of now she's not saying anything so we'll see what happens
    but im pretty sure she'll be okay-its just me who's uncomfortable w/this :frowning2:

11. Bryan.

Bryan. Guest

to deal with this problem, since i have my own laptop, i always delete all internet files whenever i'm done using it because my brother uses it too. maybe that can stop her from snooping around?

12. rocking23

Do you not know how to delete history?!

13. techie01

Hey, download a program called CCleaner from www.ccleaner.com, when you run the program it deletes all cookies, history and anything relating to your browsing history that can be found on your computer. Also, NO DOUBT ROCKS!!!!

14. SkyTears

I don't know about IE because I don't use it but I know with FireFox you can have it so it doesn't save your history/cookies.

15. george678

You should wipe your history.

16. TheRoof

id better do that, clean the history lol i didnt think about that -_-
    thanks for the advice people. i appreciate it.

17. Shyvin

It sounds like they all know. And you don't have to tell them anything if you don't want to. Just because they have proof you still need to become comfortable. So don't feel pressured into it when you are not ready.

And as a sidenote this is exactly why I have my own laptop here at the house. I live with my brother and my dad and if I used the comp they share I would most definitely slip up somewhere. So. I went out and bought my own laptop and no one touches it except for me. They couldn't get on even if they tried.

But yeah, clear out your cookies and delete your history whenever you get on. A good idea might be to use the Incognito window that the browser Google Chrome offers. As it automatically forgets everything you look at and you don't have to do anything at all, just close the browser when you are done and that is that.

As for the idea about CCleaner... it is an option, but it will be deleting all the saved passwords and sites that your family go to.

#17 Shyvin, Jan 9, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2009
  18. Urman

Urman Guest

You should use that program also put a password on your windows login account http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/winxp/accounts.mspx.I also think that maybe saying it is a phase is not good becuase you will probely have a harder time to come out.Also i think you should attempt to come out since they know but only do it if your comfortable doing so.

hope that helps
    -urman