1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

am I too young too come out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by redpandaman123, Oct 2, 2015.

1. redpandaman123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So im 14 and been 100% sure of my sexuality about two months now
    And wondering is it too early to come out or is it never too early
    Id only come out too my family but since im the oldest of my siblings and
    The male presents in the house im worry about my two youngest brothers finding out telling somebody
    They're only 9 and 5 oh and im 14
    Any advice
    To recap
    To early
    And younger siblings

:help:

2. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you are sure you are not too young.
    However some people will tell you are too young to know. Most people in Ireland have been exposed to 'gay issues' over the last year or so. Probably most adults will accept what you tell them. The department of education have run good programs for teachers in dealing with homophobic bullying.
    Younger children have an ability to accept whatever they are told.
    In Dublin there is a very good support group for young gay people called "belong2" check them out. (I think they are based in Parliament street)
    Best of luck.

3. Rainbows~Exist

Only come put when you know, deep down inside, that you are 100% ready to. I came out at your age and luckily my family and friends were supportive. When coming out young you need to make sure that it is safe for you to do so since you have no choice but to rely on your parents. Hope this helped!

4. Acuba403

Come out when you are ready, just make sure you are 1000% sure of your sexuality and that you are ready to come out. If anyone says that you are to young just say "if your old enough to like girls you're old enough to like guys."

5. lightsonwater

Come out when you're ready :slight_smile: I told my friends that I wasn't straight when I was 14 (last year) Especially if you're 100% sure about it, there's no reason to bottle it up. And if you're not 100% sure, if you're close to people and trust them and want them to know simply that you're questioning, that's okay too. Hope this helped!

6. AvatarRachel

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Whenever you're ready. It's not about age, it's about whether or not you have the courage to come out yet. If you honestly think you're able to do it, do it. If not, don't. It also depends on who you come out to. You don't have to come out to everyone just yet, maybe just a few people you really trust with these kind of things. Good luck.