1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I dont really describe it

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by cromig, Jan 8, 2009.

1. cromig

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i know that there would be alot of stress coming out to ppl and whatnot but its bogging down on me alot. it doent help my meds are messing with my moods. and as hard as i try to seem happy ppl can still tell im really depressed and stressed. it got to the point tonight that one of my friends asked me a question really hit deep and made me realize what i am doing to myself.

2. techie01

I know what you mean, we tend to make the situation more difficult than it is. I think the stress that is relieved when coming out, or at least what I see with my friend, is not having to hide anything. She was leading a double life, afraid that people might find out. When she did come out a few close people to her dismissed her but she seems much happier with herself. I on the other hand am not that eager to come out but I understand where you are coming from. You can either bottle it up again or let it go. Its your choice but what I realized is that my sexuality is only a small part of me, I won't let it define me! Good Luck to you and remember, you are strong!

3. Jim1454

If you're feeling really stressed about coming out, and you've got other stuff in your life that you're dealing with (i.e. new meds and stuff) then perhaps you're not actually ready to come out. Make a decision that you're not going to for another 4 weeks or something, and give yourself that time to relax and not worry about it.

But if you're really depressed, perhaps it's good for other people to know. Maybe you need someone to talk to about stuff - like a therapist or a school counsellor. There are people around that can help you. Sometimes getting things off your chest is the best thing to do.

You can feel free to PM me as a moderator (or any of the other moderators or advisors here) if you wanted to talk to someone about stuff. We're here to help.