1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feel dirty that people know I'm gay?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by DanielSmith, Oct 3, 2015.

1. DanielSmith

I feel dirty that people know I am gay. I don't know, I feel just like they know a dirty secret about me.

Like I've only told three people, (they've probably told others).

And on a form I put "rather not say" for sexuality and that was seriously like an exciting thing to do, like a naughty school boy lmao

I'm 16 btw

Is this normal? Any advice?

2. SimpleMan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Society has a tendency to reduce being gay to a sex act. Society generally doesn't recognize our need for love, connection, and intimacy. In turn, we internalize on some level this view of being gay and it can make us feel dirty as we come out. Even if we know being gay is more than just sex, it is hard to disengage from the unconscious biases drilled into us from an early age.

3. Spirits

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi Daniel!
    To answer your question, yes it's normal to feel like that at first.
    It's cos for most of your life you probably kept hearing people saying that homosexuality is either "wrong" or "unnatural", so you probably thought that it is not something that common , which makes it "special" in some way , you also probably see homosexuality as "the forbidden apple" which will leave behind lots of controversy if you admit it .
    And it also might has to do with the fact that you're not in touch with other LGBT+ (Idk if you are, but I assume you aren't) which makes you feel like a rebel or like an outcast -depends on your personality- We all need to feel like we fit in , that's the sense of community, so probably the fact of you being gay in a world full of straight people makes you think that you're not like every one else.

Well, here's the truth, You're not like every one else! no one is like you and no 1 will ever be like you.
    You're 1 sexeh and fabulous motherfu**er and you should be proud of it.
    So what if you feel a little dirty :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Enjoy it while it lasts xD
    Cos soon you will learn to accept yourself and be proud of who you are , and then you will probably get the urge to come out to every single person you meet, and the "feel dirty thingy" will be gone.
    LOVE knows no limits! :grin:
    Also try to make some gay friends :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#3 Spirits, Oct 3, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2015