1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how did you break up with your relative if so?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by zwag, Oct 3, 2015.

1. zwag

I hope this is appropriate, but I just want to say I appreciate the one who posted the thread called "I don't wanna be gay. I'm making a new thread since they said that thread, which is how I happened to find this site, has been inactive for well over 1,000 days.

What I want to know, somewhat based on that is, is there anyone here who's been hated by other out right people in that lifestyle who've been mocked and ridiculed by your own even more than straight people?

I'm also interested in hearing from people involved in gay incest by consent relationships who have stopped the relationship and if so, why and how they stopped, i.e. like I saw recently on a youtube comment, where a man's older brother used to be in that kind of relationship, but now he's married and has a son. Is there anyone here like that, and what made you change? Was it salvation, danger of disease, or did both of you involved hate each other more than straight folks did/do?

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi,

First, some clarification is in order:

-- Being gay or lesbian is not a lifestyle. It is a hardwired sexual orientation fixed at, or very close to, birth. It is unchangeable, and is a normal, ordinary, and healthy form of sexual identity. It is not "sodomy", "incest", or any other such term, nor is it a choice. This issue isn't even remotely in dispute by anyone credible; the credible research has been clear on the issue for decades.

-- As such, gay relationships aren't "incest"; they are loving, healthy, normal relationships no different from heterosexual relationships.

-- If you are talking about a relationship with a relative, that's inherently unhealthy for a whole variety of reasons. As far as getting away from an incestuous relationship, the simplest and easiest way to address it is simply to end it, making it clear that it simply feels wrong.

-- An exhaustive metastudy of every credible study on sexual orientation and attempts to change it was undertaken at the request of the APA (professional organization representing psychologists) several years ago. It was unequivocal: sexual orientation cannot be changed, and among those who claim "change", most either revert back to their hardwired same-sex attraction within a couple of years if not sooner. When you read about someone who claims to have changed, it is pretty much unheard of for them to be actually happy. Often it is done to comply with the desires of religious parents or others, or out of a misplaced fear of retribution in the afterlife.

-- There is recent scholarly study looking at the Bible that indicates that the interpretation of the Bible that purports to condemn homosexuality is, in fact, a misinterpretation. Look for videos by Matthew Vines, or read his book "God and the Gay Christian" for more information on this topic.

EC is a fantastic resource to help people who are feeling same sex attraction, but are paralyzed by religious guilt and misinformation. If you are open to learning, I think this community can be of benefit to you. If you are only interested in seeing same-sex relationships as wrong, unhealthy, or sinful, this is not the community for you.