1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i want to come out but my mums homophobic

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by FaithInLove, Oct 3, 2015.

1. FaithInLove

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey guys i was wondering if anyone had a similar situation to this and if they could help me.

I live with my mum and my sister since my parents are divorced and my mum is a giant homophobe. i want to come out to her but she scares me with how she is constantly putting down the LGBTQ community. Half the things she says are in fact untrue and the are the main reasons that she doesn't like us. I want to tell her that what she is saying isn't true and that there is no reason to be against gays. But if i did than she would either say that im wrong and she right or ask how i new that and then lecture about how evil it is.

I just need some help from somebody, anybody out there who has had the same or similar circumstances. :tears:

2. JB2015

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey there!
    Would you mind elaborating a bit on some of the things she says?
    PFLAG has a number of useful pamphlets and information and there are a number of things from the internet that are coming to my mind that I used when talking to my mom.
    It would help if I understood your situation a bit better so I can link you to what would be most helpful to you.
    Thanks.

#2 JB2015, Oct 3, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2015