1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[HELP] I don't know my Gender/ Don't know how to come out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Chewsy, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Chewsy

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I've been thinking alot about genders, and I can see myself as genderfluid pretty well, but I'm scared about asking anyone.
    I have Anxiety and stuff and my parents, aren't the best in the world to me. I'm not saying they're bad parents, I just feel like they make me feel bad about myself, like I feel like they would laugh if I said something like ``I think I'm genderfluid'' because they would think it was a joke.
    I don't want to get into a huge conversation, because that makes me feel worse, but I find it hard to talk serious to my parents..

Well, now onto the fact I DON'T EVEN KNOW IF I AM GENDERFLUID

I know that Genderfluid is basicly somedays your a boy, others your a girl but I don't know how to tell if I am genderfluid or not. Somedays I would be interested in boys clothing, liking the style and despising the girls style and others would be the opposite.
    I enjoy hanging out with boys and talking to them on my way to class, as if I were a boy.
    I enjoy talking to girls and such and I usually just talk to girls at lunch and break so I don't seem weird, I would love to talk to boys more because I feel happier with them some days, because sometimes I feel more like a boy, others I just want to be with girls.

I only wear girls school clothing (like a skirt and girls shoes, I live in the UK btw so school uniform is stupid :lol: ) just so I don't seem weird, I kinda like boys trousers SOMETIMES but others I'm like nAA I'LL STICK WITH THE SKIRT.
    Kinda like a genderfluid person

I've been asking alot of people on the internet about being genderfluid, but never really opened up like this. I hope I can finally find answers

Thanks ~

//EDIT
    I heard you can be female & agender genderfluid
    or is not true?
    If it is can you explain it? xD

#1 Chewsy, Oct 4, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  2. questions4ever

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I honestly don't know a ton on this topic but in general
    I would have to say that you're probably gender fluid. I Am Genderfluid. this is written by a gender fluid person, and I think you would really relate. I would definitely talk to some of the people on the gender identity forum. It's important to realize you are not the only one who feels this way, and it is a legitimate thing. Wishing you the best of luck! (((Hugs))) and prayers <3

---------- Post added 4th Oct 2015 at 07:28 AM ----------

So I honestly don't know a ton on this topic but in general
    I would have to say that you're probably gender fluid. I Am Genderfluid. this is written by a gender fluid person, and I think you would really relate. I would definitely talk to some of the people on the gender identity forum. It's important to realize you are not the only one who feels this way, and it is a legitimate thing. Wishing you the best of luck! (((Hugs))) and prayers <3

3. Chewsy

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you ^^

4. Linus

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    In my opinion, you could be over thinking things a little. It boils down to, do you feel comfortable identifying as a boy? Or as a girl? Or neither? Or both? Would you feel comfortable, if people were to (some days), call you a boy, or associate you with male pronouns? How about physically? Are you happy with your body? Consider the pronouns part of this, as well as, how do you identify? If I called you a boy, would you mind? Stereotypes don't matter here. It doesn't matter if you act like a boy, wear boys clothes, or hang out with boys. What matters; would you CALL yourself a boy, on some days?

#4 Linus, Oct 4, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  5. Chewsy

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes, yea

6. Chewsy

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm just gonna clear some more things up. I've been starting to think more on the agender side now, because I have been a little ''mid-gender'' meaning I'm not really acting like any genders. I talk to boys, joke with boys and enjoy talking to boys more now and girls are only on my skype (because all girls at my school are all stuck up, besides my one girl friend there)
    Not sure what this means and can anyone tell me how to tell what gender I am?

7. Chewsy

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  8. Lacybi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi, well I'm agenderflux (not entirely sure but going with it for the minute) which means that I'm Agender but sometimes I feel kind of masculine and sometimes I feel kind of feminine. I feel a bit like you, I hang out with girls but oh my God, they are so superficial. I sometimes talk with a group of guys but they all love sport (bar one guy) and I hate it. Clothes-wise, I chop and change. For instance, I went shopping with my best friend the other day and I chose my clothes the night before but the next day I couldn't wear them because they were too girly. My interests are pretty mixed, I could go full on boy and jabber on about James Bond one minute, then go all girly and start talking about Cathy Cassidy books.
    I'm saying all this stuff because you said about 'Agender genderfluid' at the bottom of your post and I'm kinda like that so I thought that maybe an insight to stuff like that with me might help. If it's annoying, I'm sorry. I am a very talkative person and I go into WAY too much detail.

#8 Lacybi, Oct 11, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
  9. Chewsy

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's fine, if It helps me (which it did) it's completely ok!
    I was actually thinking about it more and someoen asked me the question (you can see above posts for that) if I would be comfortable being a boy. Now I said yes, but I was actually confused about if I did, but I don't feel comfortable being a girl either now so I've been thinking I might be agender
    but who knows (!)