1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comming out to friends

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by tacos, Oct 5, 2015.

1. tacos

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Is it weird i am afraid to come out to my friends even though i know they know im gay and there alright with it because every now and then they ask if i am gay and i say no and they say ok i just want you to know i am alright with it if you are. I feel like the reason i haven't told them is because i have no need to because there like isn't anyone i like really so i feel they would pressure me into dating people i dont like and i also feel uncomfortable and dont know how to say it because it feels akward to tell them especially after i have said im not gay for like 3 years now

so i am sortof ask if you think i should tell them and if so how should i

2. horrorgeek

Don't feel pressured to tell them if it's not yet something with which you're comfortable. If it's too hard to bring up, you might just wait for the next time they ask you, and tell them that way. As they seem to be accepting people, they'll likely be understanding of the fact that it takes a lot of courage and honesty with yourself to be brave enough to come out. Best of luck!

3. questions4ever

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Agreed with above! It's a good thing you have accepting friends, but there's no reason to come out before you're ready.