1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you come out too early?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by trebella, Oct 5, 2015.

1. trebella

Out Status:
    A few people
    I want to come out to my parents in a week, but I'm so nervous! Do you think it's possible to come out too early? Can it be a mistake to come out early, even if your parents are accepting?

2. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

I don't think so. If you know, you know. Even if people may think you don't know because you're young, that doesn't change the fact that you know how you feel and so it doesn't really matter because the people who think that can't dictate how you feel or who you like anyway.
    Even if people do think this, in time they'll see that it is the real deal. It takes a lot of bravery for many to even accept themselves, so the fact that you've done that shows how brave you are. Anyone who may think you're too young doesn't understand what you've been through and it's not their job to judge how you feel because they just don't know.
    And anyway if you're family's accepting then you should be good. Even if they're hesitant at the idea at first, it doesn't mean they can't come to accept it. Sometimes people just need time to get used to things.
    But your age doesn't invalidate what you feel and who you know yourself to be:slight_smile:

3. Khaleesix

I think you can. The only way you could possibly come out early is if you're in an unsafe environment where your parents will disown you if you come out. A vast majority of people who come out are not kicked out of their house and only you can know what kind of stand point your parents might take. If you think there's even a small chance they'll disown you, I recommend not coming out until they've put you through college, that way you can move on with your life and don't need their support.

4. questions4ever

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes there's another lgbt girl in NC! I'm not alone!!!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

ok ...
    Agreed with the above! You should be all good. Good luck! It's very brave of you. :slight_smile:

5. trebella

Out Status:
    A few people
    Okay. Whew. I'm going to do this thing. Thank you all for responding!

6. MetalRice

Good luck!

7. azuky

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't think so, if you feel ready and want to do it then go for it. good luck

8. alli o

alli o Guest

If you feel ready and have a plan and your parents will be accepting then you can never come out "to early". Everyone will get nervous before telling there friends/family it is totally normal. As long as you feel ready go for it and I wish you luck!

---------- Post added 5th Oct 2015 at 09:31 PM ----------

I just read your reply. Sorry! I am so proud of you though and I wish you only the best of luck. AND CONGRATULATIONS