1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out as Non-Binary

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Gay4ever, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Gay4ever

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Everyone, I've recently started too identify as Non-Binary because I didn't feel comfortable identifying as CisMale and it just didn't feel like the real me. But now that I identify as Non-Binary the troubling part is coming out too my parents who are both conservative and christian. A good thing tho is that I already came out as gay too them, so hopefully this won't be any worse. Does anyone have any advice at all for me? Just can't seem to find how to word it when I come out...

2. questions4ever

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Before I respond can you tell how they reacted to you being gay? Thanks :slight_smile:

3. VictoryForEarth

If your parent reacted positively to your coming out as homosexual than I suggest you try and explain being non-binary to them rationally and they'll probably understand. It's very likely they won't get it right away and they'll have a lot of questions, but eventually I'm sure they'll understand.

But I can't really talk, because I haven't come out to my parents. I mean, I know they'll accept me but I just don't have a lot of confidence I'll be able to explain it well.

Just go for it! :icon_bigg