1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(Almost) Coming Out to my Maths Teacher

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Pumpion, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Pumpion

So in maths class today my teacher and a few of the girls in my class were having a discussion about stereotypes and stuff that (I think) started with stereotypes linking appearance and sexuality/gender identity. He then went on to rant about his many LGBTQ friends, which leads me to believe that he is very supportive of the LGBTQ community, which it is amazing in itself to find a supporter in a Catholic school, let alone a teacher.
    After class I nearly came out to him as a bisexual genderqueer, but I chickened out at the last minute. I'm still kicking myself about it, I know it would be a good idea to come out to him and he would definitely be supportive, but the actual coming out is still so hard, I started my coming process only last year and have told 6 people in that time. How should I tell him? I definitely don't want to do it in front of the class, I have no idea how that would go down.

2. alli o

alli o Guest

I definitely would not recommend in front of the whole class but if you want to I would definitely recommend doing so before or after school or maybe in between classes depending on how long your passing period is, just sit down with him and start with "I have been wanting to talk to about something and I have decided to come to you about this because ik that you would be supportive..."