1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Therapy

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by derrick1234, Jun 7, 2007.

1. derrick1234

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I’m new to this site and I’ve joined numerous social networking sites hoping this is the time I grow a pair and click that tap and select gay under orientation, I mean I know that I can put what ever I want it’s the internet how can they know its me and who would care. But until to day I get to that step and close the entire page and that’s sad because imp 21 and no one knows me. They only know the persona I try to keep up but I don’t think imp even all that convincing I don’t date or look at girls and when people try to set me up I give a lame excuse as to why I wont talk to a woman (I guess they think imp shy). Your probably wondering why am I writing this, I don’t know I guess therapy, and even if no one reads this or can relate to it I guess imp happy because I done something I’ve wanted to do for many years so thanks for letting me do it

2. TexasRomance

TexasRomance Guest

Well this is a very warm place.. i joined yesterday and since then i have been inspired to come out to everyone or just not say anything about it. What i mean by not say anything about it is come home with a boy, holding hands and hanging on each other.
    when my parents see this i dont think they will say anything because i didnt have to tell them... its just what they thought and what they saw. there is nothing to say if you actually see it, am i right?
    i felt so inspired by this page i nearly told my sister i was gay and my dad was just in here talking about therapy for my mom. i told him i could use some of that and he asked " why? what problems do you have? i bet you i can solve them." i just said stuff i dont wanna talk to you about... i was about to tell him " i want a therapist so i can further understand and explore my sexuality." but i bit my tongue..sadly

3. wtinal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I totally understand. I just joined a couple of days ago. It seems even on an "anonymous" forum it is hard to write that I am gay. I think it probably comes from my inability to admit to myself that I am gay. In my mind, I have kept it totally "anonymous" - even from me - and it is scary to think of doing anything else.

Everyone here seems nice, understanding, and very accepting.

4. SpikySpice

WELCOME TO EC, DERRICK^^

Well, like wtinal said, this forum is a nice place to build up the energy inside you , so just express yourself here^^, everybody will understand

Well, the truth is you have to accept who you are, well, dont have to say it out loud, but it's good enough to know who you really are^^

5. justjoshoh

Take comfort in knowing that most anything that will be known about you from the people on this site will be what you tell them. Unlike the social networking sites, you aren't being automatically associated with your current group of friends.

At 21, I too, could have wrote that same message. It takes time, don't feel rushed. There isn't some magical clock that you have to beat.

6. Jim1454

Hi Derrick! Welcome to EC from Jim in Toronto.

Expressing yourself here is VERY theraputic! I know from experience! I can relate a lot to how you're feeling - as can almost everyone here at EC - which is what makes this site SO GREAT! Even though it's 'virtual', you'll start to feel more comfortable here than you've ever felt before - at least I hope that's the case.

And can I give you some words of encouragement? Taking a 'glass is half full' perspective, at least you're aware of your orientation and you're taking steps to accept it. Those really are the first steps. And the good thing is you're doing it 15 years earlier than I am - so while you might not feel all that fortunate - in my eyes you are!

At the same time - take your time, and don't feel rushed into doing anything.

Good luck. And again - Welcome!!!

7. derrick1234

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Its crazy that this is the first time I’ve ever felt good about telling others I’m gay I tried a few chat rooms and all people want to talk about is sex, and to me sex is the furthest thing on my mind I have to better understand what I’m felling first, and with this site I’ve gotten nothing but helpful and supportive advice and for that I will owe this site a debt of gratitude

8. Daniel6

:eusa_clap
    Yeah, me too. (That sounds wierd of me:dry: )

9. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Welcome Derrick! This is a safe place to share your thoughts and feelings and be who you are. You will find supportive people!