1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My mom won't listen to me...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mick, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Mick

Mick Guest

OK yeah I had a pretty rough day, I got myself in a car accident. It was all my fault, but I won't go into detail on that. So my mom picks me up after the accident and my dad drives my car. My mom gets pretty upset over me and my accident. So then my BF calls me and there have been a couple times where I was talking to my BF on the phone while my mom was present. She had no problem with it. Well actually she might of been oblivious to the fact I was talking to him those times. Now after I end my conversation with my BF we usually always say we love each other. I said "love you too" and then my mom hears it and she doesn't like it. She thought it was disgusting. I told her that she didn't know him. Then she yells at me before I can get more words in. She tells me to grow up and I need counseling and mental help. I think she got even more upset when I mentioned this after she knew I was in the accident. I don't know how what to do here. It seems almost near impossible to bring up the subject. So one day in October 2008 as I was in some session with my counselor at Jawonio (I go there since I have Asperger's). I come out to my counselor. She's pretty shocked, because of the age factor even though I explained to her later and she was cool with it. And now my counselor gave her a call a day after I came out... and I was thinking that would put some sense into my mom. BUT my counselor never mentioned my BF's age. Now my mom was a bit comfortable about me coming out and my mom said we would talk about it later... BUT she never did.

So I don't know what's next. Should my BF and/or my BF's mom talk to my mom? How it should work... my mom calls or my BF and/or my BF's mom calls me first? I don't know what to do here and I do not want to get out of this relationship.

2. STK

STK Guest

The other part that he left out. She doesn't like me because I'm from Indiana. What, does she assume I'm some hick?

Your mom is just being EXTREMELY stubborn and stupid. Not to mention abusive.

3. Aries

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Wow, That Sounds Difficult. Well You Are 24 Years Old So I Don't See Why Your Parents Need To Get Involved In Your Personal/Sex Life. Also I Am Going To Assume That The Guy Replied Before Me Is Your Significant Other?? He Is Underaged So At Least Until He Turns 18 His Parents Have A Right To Keep Him From Seeing Or Talking To You, Especially Because It Is Illegal If You Two Are Having Sex (In The US At Least).

Well I Think That You Two Should Keep Your Relationship On The Down Low, At Least Until He Turns 18, That Way There Will Be No Conflict With The Law Or Anything. I Don't Really Know Where I Am Going With This Lol.

I Guess I Am Just Saying Be Careful And Don't Worry About It Too Much. And If You Really Want To Have That Talk With Your Mom You Should Confront Her, Preferably When She Is Not Busy.

Oh And I Am Sorry About Your Car Accident. Today Is The 3 Year Anniversary Of My Traumatic Car Accident In 2006. I Hope No One Was Hurt.

Stay Safe!

-Aubree
    :thumbsup:

#3 Aries, Jan 9, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2009
  4. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

It seems like your mom said that because she was angry with you...has she shown any stress or signs of being uncomfortable with you being gay?

Does she know your BF's age?

5. Mick

Mick Guest

Nope she has no idea how old he is, though I think she assumes he's older than me.

6. Urman

Urman Guest

Sorry to hear that maybe you should try down and talk to here and tel here how u feel.