Empty Closets Coming Out Resources and a Safe Place to Chat
Welcome Forum Chat Room Resources News Members

Go Back   Empty Closets - A safe online community for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender people coming out > Support Area > Coming Out Advice

Coming Out Advice A supportive place to ask for and give advice about coming out. Includes a sub-forum for posting stories about your coming out experiences.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th Jan 2009, 04:46 PM   #1
Mick

Tournaments Won: 62

Default My mom won't listen to me...

OK yeah I had a pretty rough day, I got myself in a car accident. It was all my fault, but I won't go into detail on that. So my mom picks me up after the accident and my dad drives my car. My mom gets pretty upset over me and my accident. So then my BF calls me and there have been a couple times where I was talking to my BF on the phone while my mom was present. She had no problem with it. Well actually she might of been oblivious to the fact I was talking to him those times. Now after I end my conversation with my BF we usually always say we love each other. I said "love you too" and then my mom hears it and she doesn't like it. She thought it was disgusting. I told her that she didn't know him. Then she yells at me before I can get more words in. She tells me to grow up and I need counseling and mental help. I think she got even more upset when I mentioned this after she knew I was in the accident. I don't know how what to do here. It seems almost near impossible to bring up the subject. So one day in October 2008 as I was in some session with my counselor at Jawonio (I go there since I have Asperger's). I come out to my counselor. She's pretty shocked, because of the age factor even though I explained to her later and she was cool with it. And now my counselor gave her a call a day after I came out... and I was thinking that would put some sense into my mom. BUT my counselor never mentioned my BF's age. Now my mom was a bit comfortable about me coming out and my mom said we would talk about it later... BUT she never did.

So I don't know what's next. Should my BF and/or my BF's mom talk to my mom? How it should work... my mom calls or my BF and/or my BF's mom calls me first? I don't know what to do here and I do not want to get out of this relationship.
Old 9th Jan 2009, 04:51 PM   #2
STK

Default Re: My mom won't listen to me...

The other part that he left out. She doesn't like me because I'm from Indiana. What, does she assume I'm some hick?

Your mom is just being EXTREMELY stubborn and stupid. Not to mention abusive.
Old 9th Jan 2009, 05:21 PM   #3
Wish I Was A Cupcake O.o

Orientation: Bisexual
Out Status: Everyone Who Cares! O.o

Wow, That Sounds Difficult. Well You Are 24 Years Old So I Don't See Why Your Parents Need To Get Involved In Your Personal/Sex Life. Also I Am Going To Assume That The Guy Replied Before Me Is Your Significant Other?? He Is Underaged So At Least Until He Turns 18 His Parents Have A Right To Keep Him From Seeing Or Talking To You, Especially Because It Is Illegal If You Two Are Having Sex (In The US At Least).

Well I Think That You Two Should Keep Your Relationship On The Down Low, At Least Until He Turns 18, That Way There Will Be No Conflict With The Law Or Anything. I Don't Really Know Where I Am Going With This Lol.

I Guess I Am Just Saying Be Careful And Don't Worry About It Too Much. And If You Really Want To Have That Talk With Your Mom You Should Confront Her, Preferably When She Is Not Busy.

Oh And I Am Sorry About Your Car Accident. Today Is The 3 Year Anniversary Of My Traumatic Car Accident In 2006. I Hope No One Was Hurt.

Stay Safe!

-Aubree

Last edited by Aries; 9th Jan 2009 at 05:24 PM..
Aries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jan 2009, 06:05 PM   #4
EC Addict

Orientation: Gay
Out Status: Out to everyone

It seems like your mom said that because she was angry with you...has she shown any stress or signs of being uncomfortable with you being gay?

Does she know your BF's age?
Old 9th Jan 2009, 06:08 PM   #5
Mick

Nope she has no idea how old he is, though I think she assumes he's older than me.
Old 9th Jan 2009, 08:06 PM   #6
Urman

Sorry to hear that maybe you should try down and talk to here and tel here how u feel.