1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to start

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Uncolored, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Uncolored

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a 21 year old female and I have known that I am bisexual basically my entire life but I put myself into the "unsure" category for a while. Then I made an intentional effort to forget that I was bisexual, and it worked for a long time. I suppressed it, literally turning away from women so much that it became sub-conscience and I actually forgot that I was bisexual. But then this past week my sexuality came in like a wrecking ball when I connected with a lesbian lady that I met. I went through the 7 stages of grief but now I have finally come to terms with being bisexual and I guess that I am okay with it.
    No one knows that I am bisexual and I have not come out to anyone yet. I really really want to come out to at least one person and I think that I am going to start by coming out to one of my gay neighbors. I'm actually really scared about telling anyone but I know that keeping it inside is making me depressed.
    I was also wondering how I can get involved in the LGBTQ community? I only know three people who is openly gay. I considered going to a bar or club but I would go by myself and it seems intimidating. I found a group for women who are bisexual but the group seems a bit too intense for a first-timer.

2. lucky28

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The first step is to not be just okay with yourself, but to absolutely loving of yourself and to be so confident that you forget you had those moments of grief, or that you no longer dwell on them, and use them as positive experiences (such as I am now! :icon_bigg)

It's also very important not to rush anything, but telling your gay neighbor is a great choice, especially if you two are friends. Once you have come out to yourself and those you know and love, then it's so much easier to move into trying to be in public with it and to enter the relationship scene. It just makes it feel so much more right!

I hope I was of some help, as I used to think I was bisexual and know what you're going through in some respect, but of course only you know what you're thinking. Hope I helped and have fun being you!

Lovingly,
    Jacob