1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Went Back Into The Closet

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by willycubed28, Oct 8, 2015.

1. willycubed28

So here is the thing one year ago I came out to my mother. She was devastated and told me that she could never embrace a son who was going to live a homosexual lifestyle. This is my adopted mother I am talking about. For the better of this year I have not cared what my mother thought and I lived how I wanted to live. Now though since I am living with her, her conditions are that I see a Christian Counselor and resolve me being gay and become straight. A few months has gone by and she thinks I am straight and I know I am gay. I am battling with this all over again and I told myself I would not put myself through that hell again, and now I have. HELP!

2. willycubed28

Any words of encouragement or anything would help at this time. Thank you

3. Acuba403

I'm sorry you have to go through this again. I know how it feels to be rejected by your family for being who you are, if you want to talk my bored is always open.

That said, do you have a boyfriend or a friends house you can stay hat that will support you. If not try and hold out until you can sustain yourself financially. If you don't want to wait again you could try and stand up to her and tell her the this is who you are and it's not going to change (as long as it doesn't put you in harms way).

4. questions4ever

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    First of all: I am so sorry! I getting the idea that you aren't very religious, but for your step-mom this article might be helpful: https://www.gaychristian.net/justins_view.php
    She can be a faithful Christian without being completely against homosexuals.

5. willycubed28

Well, I am not religious, but I do have a personal relationship with God