1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unsure...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Miaplacidus, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, in about two hours I'll be on my millionth first date. And I like him, but I'm unsure... I mean, I'm a lot more queenish in person (to the point that after reading the Rainbow trilogy I concluded that the only major difference between Nelson and I is that I don't smoke...), and most guys don't like that...

I'm a little concerned, too, because he's two years older, yet I'm bigger and stronger. I mean, everything seems to indicate that he expects me to be the stronger partner, but while I'm bigger I'm really gay-looking and all...

I don't know why I'm posting this, even. I guess I just need to vent...

2. missmelancholy

Out Status:
    Some people
    I highly doubt he would have agreed (or asked you?) on this date if he was scared of you being "queenish". Don't fret about! First dates are always nerve provoking, but the whole point of a first date is to get to know one another. Just be yourself... "queenish" as that may be.

3. SmileItsNicole

venting is good :slight_smile:

4. Kryz

Well, I really think he liked you...

As above said, he wouldn't have agreed to this if he was really doubtful about you.

I would have wished you luck but... it's like late now.

5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    You are always thinking too much Fred. Relax. Try not to over analyze whether its all going to work out. Just go. If you enjoy eachothers company then..... GREAT! If you don't, then move on.

6. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I enjoyed his company very much. BUT...

a) he smokes. ew.
    b) he is way too closeted for my taste... I mean, he isn't "closeted" but he's the type of guy who won't show me any affection anywhere out of his bedroom.
    c) he was cuter in pictures... I met his brother and I hate to say this but he was hotter. And he's gay too :S

So yeah... I don't feel he's "The One", although it was nice to be with him.

7. myra

And right there is the whole reason for dating before commiting yourself to anything Federico. Ya find out what you like and don't like about people. Its good that you went with him though.

8. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

a) and b) would be a problem for me too. c) is mostly irrelevant to me if the character is right and he isn't hideous looking.

But yes, the date showed that he is not Mr Right. Maybe the next one will be?

Don't give up but try not to become too desperate either as it does show and isn't attractive. I need to tell myself that too...

I didn't see this thread before the date, but if I had I would have just said to be yourself. You are what you are, don't try to be anything else to impress. The right person will want you for who you are, not for some variation you try to portray.