1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The power of dreams....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by JustAnotherName, Jan 10, 2009.

1. JustAnotherName

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Firstly I'm aware that I'm probably making more of this than I should but its still kind of weird and freaking me out a bit so I'd appreciaite any advice or ideas on what this might mean.

Now I'm having this same dream every other night, always in the same place and always with involving the same people. The dream is essentially me being beaten up/thrown around etc. by who I can only describe as being evil!me.

Fast forward through a lot of running/fighting and we end up on the roof and me hanging off the side of the building. Evil!Me says something very cliché (it's different every time) but before he does anything, he gets pushed over the side of the building by someone whose name isn’t important for this.

Now I've talked about this dream with someone, and their impression was that on some level I believe that this person will save me from myself.

2. SmileItsNicole

i think it means your fighting yourself, not accepting something about you. But eventually youll come to figure it out and learn to be you 100percent

3. Pendrin2020

Now I'm not Freud, but I think you judge yourself endlessly and you always seem to be on the edge of an emotional meltdown (which you often suppress). Now you're waiting for someone to rush in and make you feel ok with you and get rid of that voice inside that makes you so uncomfortable all of the time. You tend to look at the people around you like they've got an advantage but you don't know what it is.

See a shrink or go to a support group, both will help.

4. SmileItsNicole

mhmm yeah his makes sense too :slight_smile: only you could know which is right

5. Ben

Ben

It could mean many things...
    I would think of it as you don't think that you have control over your negative side or emotions. And you realise that to get rid of this negativity which is deep rooted in you, you need someone to help you.
    I don't think the identity of this person is too important, however.

But of course each dream has hundreds of possible meanings, or could mean nothing whatsoever, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

6. JustAnotherName

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks for the advice guys :slight_smile: