1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am proud of you

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Nick1020, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Nick1020

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am proud of you. Today is a big day. Whether you came out to the world, a close friend or maybe just yourself, what you did is big. It may not seem like it, but it is. Though you may not be able to see what lies ahead, there are people that love you, care about you and are proud of you simply because you exist. We are here to help you and to show you the way. Even if you did not come out today, that is completely ok. You deserve to come out on your terms when you are good and ready. No matter what you or anyone tells you, you are strong, courageous, and brave.

I understand that many of you are still in the closet. Believe me when I say, the closet may feel like a safe and comfortable place at times. However, the walls will eventually close in. The longer you spend in the closet, the more claustrophobic you will feel. Today I want encourage you to be proud of who you are and who you love and don't be afraid to tell people about it. The world is so much brighter and more colorful on the outside.

2. 50ishandout

Nick that is beautiful.