1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreams come true?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by justinishere, Jan 10, 2009.

1. justinishere

So a little while ago I had this really weird dream, so lately it has been bugging me again. Well here is how the dream goes (from what I can remember):

So I was at school then all of a sudden this guy comes up to me and grabs my hand. So we are talking and then we go to this event at school and he goes to sit by his friend. There isn't space for me to sit next to him so I sit behind him a couple of rows back. Then he gets up and comes over to me saying something like, "I could never leave you alone". So then we are cuddling. But the whole dream his face is never shown.

Back to real life: So when I wake up the next morning and I have this biggest smile on my face.

Do you think that my dream is trying to tell me something? or pointing out a sign to maybe not give up hope? Really confused.....:help:

2. thespanishheart

This first point sounds dumb becuase it applies to many people, but do you have a crush on anyone at school? Consider these people.

Does the rest of the body resemble anyone you know?

You had the same exact dream before? What are the differences?

Sounds like you're lonely, maybe more so at school. Depends if you're more popular or the "lone wolf" type.

3. myra

There are 3 types of dreams: the kind that mean nothing, the kind that are thoughts you've had in the back of your head, and kinds that are...rather prophetic and come true.

Yours seems like the kind of thing you've been thinking about alot. Maybe not knowingly, but still something you've thought of. I think its just wishful thinking. You can translate it however you like. If you want to use it as a sign to not give up hope, go for it. To me, it just sounds like you want a boyfriend who'll care for you so much that he always wants you near him. Who wouldn't wanna be loved like that?

4. justinishere

I guess this is true :slight_smile:

5. Pendrin2020

The subconscious tends to be a bitch about meanings. Personally, I think you let yourself take a backseat to other peoples' happiness and usually end up feeling left out in a small way (or a large way). I also think that you're playing a game of hot and cold with yourself. You love yourself, and then you may be indifferent, you love yourself and then you just wanna be someone else.

The fact that the person was dragging you around indicates attachment, but the sudden abandonment only leading to a return says, to me, that this other person or idea is very fickle in the way that they treat you. More often than not, the subconscious part of our mind is trying to reach out to make us aware of imbalances in our own heads as opposed to outside needs.

So this could be a lot of things. This could be about you judging yourself and your sexuality, this could be about being 15 and the emotional up-and-down roller coaster that happens along the way. Regardless, You'll be OK.

6. justinishere

Thank you so much! This does seem like what is happening without me really knowing it. (*hug*)