1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving to Missouri... (a bit rant-y and incoherent)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kindaquiet, Oct 11, 2015.

1. kindaquiet

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Right now, I'm openly gay among my friends. I have people who accept me as I am and there are plenty of gay people currently at my school. But I'm moving. I'm moving to Missouri and I have no idea what it's like to be gay in Missouri. I have no friends there. My extended family is very conservative and what's more, my grandmother is coming to live with us.

I had gotten to the point where I could be open about my orientation around my parents, but now my grandmother is coming to live with us. I'm not even sure my parents really support me in that regard.

I'm leaving behind my sisters, who also supported me. And because I'm 17, I'll end up going to college there, as well. I hate it. I hate everything about this. And I have no choice in the matter, there's nothing I can do. I've pretended I'm looking forward to it, but I hate it. No friends, no fully accepting family members, and with my grandmother living with us, I'm going to have to be in the closet at home.

They promised me I would be able to finish high school here. But no. I just don't know what to do. There's so little information, and getting to know Missouri people online, everyone's straight. I don't want to go back to the closet... I really don't. But what can I do...?