1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm Feeling more Confident, but...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jguy365, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Jguy365

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's been a long time since I've posted here. The fact of the matter is, I've been doing a lot better with feeling secure about being gay and not feeling so totally ashamed...at least that's what I thought.

It's like this: I've been meeting a lot of new people this year. I've found it to be fairly easy to come out to people who are new to me. I barely even have to think about it. It's people I've known for years that I still have issues working up the courage to tell. I think it's just that I really care what people think about me (that's one of my more annoying qualities) and my past acquaintances know me to be a very nice, classy, proper Christian boy. I guess I don't want them thinking anything else...and I know that's not a big deal, but...I don't know.

I still have to come out to my dad. A dream I had 2 nights in a row in which I had a terrible fight with him has shied me away from doing it...We aren't very close emotionally so I just don't know how to get on that level with him.

2. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is a common issue.
    Its mostly to do with "shame" around sexuality ..
    and there are very good books and YouTube videos about it. I will try and post if I can just remember the authors!
    Do you have any good close friends in real life you can also talk to about these things?