1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Me? Come Out? Hahaha... Wait Seriously? NO!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Swimmerboy, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Swimmerboy

When I think about coming out, I think back to about one in a half years ago. Around that time I was having really strange feelings. They were fillings of disgust actually. I was having a hard time eating meat. I thought about it, and realized I felt it was wrong to eat meat. I didn't like the idea of slaughtering an animal to feed me. This feeling just kept building up inside. I wanted to tell my parents, but I knew they would laugh at me. My mom cooked steak every night, and for lunch we would have some type of meat sandwich(luckily PB and J was always an option as well). Breakfast was always bacon and sausage(hehe) and eggs or something close to that. It was eating me up inside (eating meat). Then about 7 months ago, I "came out" so to say. My parents, laughed, as expected... but just in a fun way. Ever sense then, my father has introduced me as "My son, the Un-American Vegitarian"... urghhh! People just look at me when he says this, with a dead stare. I usually just laugh it off, and say "Yeah, let me go get my RPG and AK." Around then, I came out as a Deist "Boy doesn't believe in Jesus". Then, a few months ago, I came out again as an Anarchist... My, Dad wont even address this... hehe "So Un-American!"

Now... I have to tell my Father that I am gay! What will his reaction be? Will he disown me? God I hope not. But, look at his reaction to my other "coming outs". "Hey, this is my son, the Un-American, Vegetarian, Blasphemous, Egalitarian, Homo!" Hahaha, I don't know how well that will come off out here in Texas. "Get the shot gun, we're going hunting!"

"Sigh" :dry:
    Could life be any better?:lol:

2. TexasRomance

TexasRomance Guest

The next time he introdues you as un-american just say dad, thats not funny to anyone but you...at all stop it!
    If my dad ever did that to me i would DISOWN him not the other way around.
    Yo dont have to tell your dad youre gay but if you want, thats up to you.
    eing a vegetarian isnt un-american, though i do love meat :grin:
    I have lots of vegetarian friends...
    Well anyhow if you are ashamed or embarrassed at what your dad might say to something think of a way to manipulate the situation.
    Like the whole bacon and egg breakfast thing...just say you arent hungry or that the bacon is too crisp..something like that( still cant believe your mom cooks breakfast..every morning).

As for the jesus thing...not believing in jesus is something you choose anf if he pressures you to believe in him or rides you about it just be real with him.When someone makes fun of me or my parents are riding me about something...lets take the jesus thing for example: " so fucking what?! its not your life is it?i dont see the problem in not believing in god?? just because i dont believe in him doesnt mean anything. i dont have to if i dont want to and thats my decision not yours." <--Tough love or Being real.

3. Swimmerboy

Lol, yeah! Actually, I have told them that last line of yours, but they are not as bad as my paragraph made them out to be. LOL, My dad wakes up every morning and cooks breakfast:lol: ... Now I just eat Oatmeal, toast, and a protein bar or shake.:thumbsup:

4. TexasRomance

TexasRomance Guest

...i have a honey and oats bar and vitman/life water

5. Swimmerboy

Was coming out to your ten friends hard?

6. Sam

Sam

well you at least have humor in all this! what do your parents think about gay people? you might be surprised by their reaction if you tell them. my dad hated gay people a lot and said he would disown any child of his that turned out to be gay but when I told him he did the opposite and accepted me. your parents might just surprise you too and accept you but its up to you when and how you tell them you'll know when you're ready. good luck

Sam

7. Jersey4Life

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I agree, at least you're being positive about the whole situation. I haven't eaten red meat since I was ten, because I just think cows are so distgusting I couldn't imagine eating one, and my dad still laughs at me for it. As for the whole coming out thing, at least you and your dad have a close relationship. My dad and I aren't close. It's going to be harder to say dad, we need to talk, but his reaction isn't going to be has hard to take because I honestly couldn't care either way. So good luck, and I think your dad will accept you, in his own, unique way.

8. SadConfusedBandGeek

I think its probably better that your dad jokes about it...I know its probably VERY annoying But at least he is comfortable enough to acnowledge it...
    But it also helps to know how he feels about gay ppl so..ya lol

9. Sam

Sam

I don't eat any kind of meat except for chicken and turkey and haven't since I was 8 the other animals gross me out for some reason. My parents think its stupid and say you don't know what you're missing but they never point out to everybody that I don't eat a lot of meat to they don't constantly rag me about it I would say to your dad please stop saying this because it bothers me when you say those things or something along those lines and maybe he will stop.

10. Swimmerboy

Yeah... But I can tell he feels strange about. I don't know how he feels about gay people... Actually, my mom is the worst. Everytime she seems a gay male on TV she goes "Ewwww" For real! She has a gay brther... and now a gay son! Punishment maybe? :lol:

11. Jersey4Life

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That's just kind of sad, that she says those things and has a gay brother.

12. Swimmerboy

Yeah... It's so strange. I don't get it.:dry:

13. SadConfusedBandGeek

hey well at least you got a gay uncle to go to:slight_smile:

14. Daniel6

That's karma. :rolleyes:
    I always believe in karma

15. Jersey4Life

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My dad introduces me as a Vegitarian too. He told his whole family and everyone he meets that I don't eat meat, even though I just don't eat beef or pork. I just say, "I'm not a Vegitarian, he's going senile in his old age. Chicken will be fine." He gets so pissed, but at least he gets the point it makes me angry :badgrin:.

16. Swimmerboy

HAha. My dad just gets embarrassed! :lol:

17. Swimmerboy

Thanks Sam!:icon_bigg

18. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    She didn't get it the first time. Hopefully she will this time!

19. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Have you guys seen Shark Tale? The shark in that movie is a vegetarian. It's cute and will put a smile on your face!

20. Swimmerboy

lol. Reading that made me think about it, and put a smile on my face!:lol: