1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I come out to my mom? Trans

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by DreamerBoy17, Oct 15, 2015.

1. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm in a bad spot right now.
    For the past month or two, dysphoria has only been getting worse. Towards my body, social aspects, all of it. I've broken down into anxiety attack, been extremely stressed, and felt unmotivated. It's like there's always that stupid dysphoria in the back of my mind, it's always there. I hate my breasts, my face, my voice, "she", my very feminine shape. I'm afraid things are going to get worse. I need help. And I can accept that.

This is why I am considering coming out to my mom over the weekend. I'm 14, and pretty sure I'm transmasculine. My mom also has anxiety and depression disorders, so she might be able to help me. maybe even get me a binder or in the future T... I'm just worried and frustrated that she won't take a young teen like me seriously. There is quite obviously a problem here that needs resolved. She accepts my sexuality fully, but she did mention thinking it was a "phase" at first. I'm very scared now.

What should I do? Should I come out to her? All advice is much appreciated, I'll be sure to keep everyone updated. :help:

ADDED:
    Yes, she is LGBT friendly for the most part outside a few stupid comments. Overall she is somewhat liberal so I'm not really concerned too much... Just highly nervous.

#1 DreamerBoy17, Oct 15, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  2. Acm

Acm Guest

Is your mom LGBT friendly? If so, it sounds like it might be a good idea to come out. There is a chance you won't be taken seriously, but even if you aren't, you could still probably convince her to get you a binder. Good luck if you do decide to come out.

3. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Anyone else? :frowning2:

4. littleraven

Sometimes it helps to write down what you want to say.