1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm so afraid

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by snakequeen55, Oct 15, 2015.

1. snakequeen55

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    hey everyone... I really need some advice! I am 13 and a trans girl... I really want to come out but i am so scared! I hate having to hide who i truly am and am actually sick of it! I've thought of coming out before but right as i was about to do it my dad said to me "if you become part of the LGBTQ community i am going to kill myself." This is why i am so scared! i really need help with this! please message me with any advice that could help me

2. TempUsername3

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Does your school have a GSA or a guidance counselor you could go to?
    Other than that, I think it will just take time.

3. Eye Shine

I agree with the post above. You should really find support whether it be from friends, a GSA, a guidance counselor, or even a an LGBT resource center nearby. Don't go at this alone and good luck!

4. Distant Echo

I've got news for your dad. You are already part of the community. And welcome.

You could try doing little things at first? Hair or clothes? Just little things that won't be noticed too fast but give those around you a chance to get used to the idea

5. snakequeen55

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    i'm just struggling... i try to do little things and my dad stops me instanty... im just stuck in ine spot

6. Zen fix

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm guessing your dad must have some inkling that something is up. Him saying he'll kill himself if you become part of the lgbt crowd is too much of a coincidence. It is also a chickenshit thing to say to your kid. Don't come out to him yet, do like the earlier posters advised and find some allies. I'm hoping your dad is just being a "drama queen" and not actually capable of hurting himself or you over this.

Good luck, be safe.

7. snakequeen55

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    thank you all for the advice... im trying to work things out with the school and stuff...