1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out last night first time

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by chaotic2h, Oct 16, 2015.

1. chaotic2h

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I was rather late to discovering my sexuality and I didn't even realize I was gay until around 16. My whole high school life I was in depression and denial. Now I'm 20 years old but and pretty comfortable with being gay however I didn't have any friends I could share this with. I decided to say ---- it and called a friend who used to be a really good friend of mine but we haven't spoken for a year. I felt bad because I hadn't really kept in touch with him (mostly cause I thought he'd hate me for being gay)

So I called him and we made small talk and I mentioned how I might get kicked out of the house and he asked
    "Dude is there anything wrong"?
    I basically told him I was afraid of getting kicked out because I was gay.

He was silent for a few seconds

I then said on the phone "omg I can't believe I just said that" "your probably so disgusted now" "you'll probably never talk to me again" and he just laughed and said that in his friend and it wouldn't change his view.

But he's also new to gay stuff so he asked me the usual questions like "do you want to change" and all. We remained on the phone for two hours while we talked about random stuff and me telling him what's it like to be attracted to guys and want to have a boyfriend. The whole time he seemed pretty chill with it even though he himself does not support gay marriage.

I feel pretty good right now, coming out solidified the fact that I'm truly gay instead of it swimming around in my head 24/7. My only concern is that I don't know who else to tell since I don't really have any other friends. My family is out of the option as they would kick me out for being gay. I AM starting university next semester but idk if I'll make friends, hopefully it'll all work out

But I did it, and it'll probably be the hardest one :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Conratulations! It must have taken a lot of courage and vulnerability to be willing to put yourself out there, especially with someone who isn't fully and unqualifiedly supportive. But you did so, got a positive response, and I'm sure that feels really good!

I agree with you that the first is usually the hardest. Congrats on taking the first step, and I think you will find it becomes a lot easier to come out to others now.

3. guitar

Congrats!!! It takes serious balls to come out like that! Mad applause! I don't think there's a better reaction one can receive after bearing your soul like that and putting your very essence of you as a person out there, and having that person say "that's great, I accept you and I'm still your friend." :slight_smile:

4. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Congratulations!! :slight_smile: <3

5. littleraven

Congrats! It takes courage to come out.