1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Else Feel Like Vomiting?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by galaxygia, Oct 16, 2015.

1. galaxygia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, so I came out to my dad on Wednesday night. He just told me he's going to tell my mom tomorrow night at dinner. It's opened up my confusion again... They're completely accepting but I still feel like I'm going to throw up or pass out and I can't even start thinking about sleep. I feel like everything's just moving so fast and I almost regret coming out because it has all just disoriented me so much after keeping it in like that. I just am shocked at myself and my situation, it feels almost unreal. I just don't know how I feel or what I'm supposed to feel and it's racking my insides and I just... Can't... Even. I'm going to be sick. I know it. :confused:

#1 galaxygia, Oct 16, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I felt like I was going to barf the very first time I came out, even though I was 90% sure it would be taken well :slight_smile:

But you should talk to your dad about it. Or write him a note. Tell him you want him to wait awhile before he tells your mom, or at the very least not at dinner. If it feels like everything is moving too fast then maybe you are. I'm sure you're dad will understand :slight_smile:

3. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is it the thought of him telling your Mom that is making you feel so sick and anxious, or is it something else? When you told your Dad on Wednesday how did you feel afterwards? How do you think you will feel if your Mom is totally okay with it? Consider these questions and tell us a bit more about how you are feeling, if you can.

Parting with a secret can leave us feeling unsettled, simply because we don't know how it's going to change things. The uncertainty of it all is hard to bear, but if the outcome is good and positive all of that queasiness may quickly fade away.

Hang in there and let us know how it goes.

4. go figure

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel that way everytime I come out to someone new.
    But the first time I said it was by far the worst. I thinking because not only are you telling someone something very personal, but your making it feel more real. If that makes sense.
    For me it was one thing to think I was gay in my head, but to share it made it really real. It was no longer a thought in my head, but my new state of being.

But you need to move at your own pace. I think it's great that your dads being supportive and wants to help lessen your load by talking to your mom for you. But if your not ready, then ask him to wait. There no need to put that kind of stress on yourself if there is a way to avoid doing so.
    Take your time, and you will hopefully start to feel better soon.
    Take care!!

5. Sorceress of Az

I can relate a little:
    I came out as a pansexual & transgender recently,
    The anxiety, depression, and stress almost gave me a mental breakdown and possibly almost had an identity crisis.

I am seeking help with a therapist,
    And am on an antidepressant for insomnia, I suggest that if you have similar problems to seek help too so that you don't have to do it alone.

I could offer other advice but I feel that is the best I can do for you, just know your not alone, there are people experiencing similar issues.

6. galaxygia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I honestly have no clue why it's making me feel this way. It's just so... weird. I didn't even expect to tell him on Wednesday... I just felt like I was gonna die if I didn't say it then. I felt okay after I told him that night, but the feeling has just turned to fear and dread since then. I know my mom will be totally okay but I guess I'm just scared that my parents' thoughts of me have changed forever...

I guess it's just really disorienting and I don't really know WHAT to think. It was never like this with my friends.

---------- Post added 17th Oct 2015 at 09:25 PM ----------

Yeah, I still have problems saying it out loud because it feels so different and strange. Like I am comfortable with it, but it still makes me shiver when I say it.

I feel like my dad is sort of... guilting me into it? I don't know. He just keeps saying things like 'she deserves to know that much after all she's done for us.' and other things similar to that. She needs to know... it's just so much in just a few days. :confused:

---------- Post added 17th Oct 2015 at 09:27 PM ----------

Oh my gosh I'm so sorry that happened to you! :icon_sad: But I hope you're feeling a bit better (*hug*)

I don't think I have insomnia, but if I do I'll make sure to get help right away. :slight_smile: Thank you so much I'm so glad that I'm not alone :icon_bigg