1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any other bi/pan people out on Facebook?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by waternation, Oct 17, 2015.

1. waternation

waternation Guest

Hi y'all ^^

Was just wondering if any other bi/pan people were out on Facebook, and if you are if you received any sort of reaction from anyone?? Ive been considering changing my "interested in" for a while (at the moment it's blank) as most of my close friends know, and I'm not really hiding it... Nor am I really making it obvious I guess, either. The main thing that's stopping me is that
    1. Facebook only has the two gender binaries *male and *female when it comes to choosing and I find this kind of offensive to people who are non-binary, and I would date a non-binary person.
    2. People might see that and apply a whole bunch of bisexual stereotypes to me, especially if they don't know me very well. Not really my friends.
    3. I'm generally more attracted to my own gender and not attracted equally, which ticking both boxes sort of feels like implying...

But at the same time... I am completely comfortable with my own sexuality now, and don't really intend on keeping it a huge secret. I don't really care if people know or not. Idk... does anyone even pay much attention anyway? :confused: