1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i know this sounds stupid but..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BoyDayGirlDay, Oct 18, 2015.

1. BoyDayGirlDay

I know this sounds stupid but i have this nightmare about coming out and my parents rejecting me quite often. The dream starts with all of my family gatherd around and then i come out. at first everyone is silent then my dad stands up, punches the table and starts to shout at me, telling me to go pack and leave. I run upstairs crying, hoping they will calm down. after a minute my mum comes upstairs. At first i think she came to comfort me, until she starts to pack my stuff into a big bag, whilst mumbling something along the lines of, “why can't i have a normal daughter, not a freak...” stuff like that. then my brothers push me outside and slam the door, i wake-up after the door slams.
    i know its stupid and im stupid for thinking it but now im even more scared. :tears:

2. MayaBee

Hey! This doesnt sound stupid at all! Coming out is scary af. Consider if coming out is safe for you; because coming out is a huge step and you should be sure that you wont be physically hurt or mentally (if your family does what you dreamed of)
    In the end, only you know your family the best and only you can know if it is safe for you.
    I wish you the best <3 and i hope i was able to help :slight_smile:

3. littleraven

I totally agree with MayaBee. You are not stupid for having these fears. Remember that you don't have to come out to your family right now if you don't feel safe doing so. It may be easier to come out when you are independent, live on your own, and have friends who can support you in person before and after you come out.

4. GwenTheWelshGal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've had many dreams where I come out as a transgender girl. Half the time, my dreams are like that, and I end up waking up tired and dysphoric af.

5. YinYang

That's not stupid at all. Coming out is really scary and your fear is just translating into your dreams (*hug*) I hope your parents' reactions are not the same as in your dream, but your dream isn't stupid at all.

6. Asuzu

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You poor thing. I see nothing stupid here. I had the same fear as you did about coming out. My advice is that if you do not feel safe, wait till you are financially independent before coming out. It is what I did before I came out to my dad.

7. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I have had many dreams about coming out and people rejecting me... a lot of it having to do with being forced to come out because a friend mentioned it in front of my dad or whatever. It's normal, don't worry.

8. Plattyrex

I have dreams like that all the time. It's not stupid, this stuff is scary. Even if it's a bit unrealistic, these are stressful things. I would hope that this isn't something that could likely actually happen to you though.