1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MayaBee, Oct 18, 2015.

1. MayaBee

Should I come out if I am still questioning but somehow feel like I want to come out?

2. Rainbows~Exist

Coming out isn't a necessity and is not something you absolutely have to do (Like it isn't necessary for heterosexuals to come out right?). But for many of us we feel as if we have to in order to embrace our true selves and to show the world that we are not afraid.

If you feel like it then by all means, go ahead. If you're still questioning though, just remember; you don't need to label yourself. Some people aren't comfortable in doing this so they identify as simply 'not straight'. If you want to label yourself however I would in your situation, postpone coming out until you're absolutely sure.

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

3. csm123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi I would say that if you feel like coming out,then go for it.There would be nothing wrong with being honest and coming out as questioning.

Good luck

4. Minori

It is 100% your decision. You could wait seconds, or years to come out. And some people even decide just not to and let people figure it out on their own. Such as bringing their partner home as an example.
    It is all up to you, if you don't feel comfortable enough to come out, then don't. Never force yourself until you know it is what you want

5. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

It's up to you, like the above posters said. You could tell just one person, a few people, or everyone depending on what you're ready for and feel safe doing.

I have some experience with this because I was really stressed out when I first started questioning and it was hard just keeping it bottled up, but then I finally told my really good friend who's bi that I was questioning and she was really helpful and supportive and it felt really good. Now, most of my friends know and I like it a lot better this way because I don't feel like I have to hide it or live up to a certain orientation when I'm around them. Now, a lot of my friends are actually queer as well so it could be a bit different in your situation, but it's all about what would make you feel the most comfortable.

6. Maskell

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Seriously, if you want to, I would. Then again, I wouldn't really know.
    Heh. I'd only do it if it felt right. If it doesn't, the time will come. :thumbsup:

Switzerland is pretty gay friendly anyways, if you're worrying about any of that.