1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Waiting for reaction, nervous wreck

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by GenderSciFi, Oct 18, 2015.

1. GenderSciFi

Hey y'all,

anyone ever came out by actually sending a letter with the actual post service? I now think it was SUCH a lousy idea! I sent the damn thing yesterday evening, my parents are not going to get it until Tuesday. Now I wish I had at least included a note that they should respond or react in some way, so it could actually be a while until I hear anything...
    I had this all figured out much more, I had a list with stuff that was important to me while coming out as trans, and I had a friend prepared who was willing to support me if anything went wrong.
    Then I just went ahead and sent the letter, the friend doesn't even know it might be support-time, and... maaaaan I just did it because I wanted it out of the way.
    Not that they would shun me or anything, it's just that I'm quite sensitive towards criticism and stuff like that, and my family knows all my weaknesses. And the WILL say one or the other stupid thing, there's just no way they won't. They'll hate my new name, find my pronouns ridiculous, ask me about surgery, something. I will be devastated at some point of this. And I want it to be over.

And most of all I want to not go through this angst while I'm simultaneously trying to finish my master thesis tonight!!! Seventy pages of proof-reading to go...

:bang:

This is really just one for the sympathy, not for advice. Too late for that.

Love,
    GenderSciFi

---------- Post added 18th Oct 2015 at 01:04 PM ----------

PS: Haaaha! But that means I'm out to everybody that matters now! And that's a good thing of its own!
    (!)

2. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    heyyy... you can't "un-post" the letter ! So be calm and know that worrying will change nothing. Their reaction will be great and you really need to focus on your thesis right now!!! :icon_bigg

3. GenderSciFi

Nah, I should have waited until I got the grade for the thesis, because it's likely going to be good, so I coulda been like:
    "Look, I got an A and also I'm kinda gay and trans and I'm never going to give you grandchildren and also, I smoke, and also I'm never going to work in my academic field, oh look, a bird flying by am I getting a present?
    :lol:
    thanks, though! I'm working, working...

---------- Post added 18th Oct 2015 at 01:53 PM ----------

*babbles*

#3 GenderSciFi, Oct 18, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2015