1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My friend came out to me a little while ago and I find im having a hard time...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MusicIsLife, Jan 12, 2009.

1. MusicIsLife

Accepting that shes asexual.

Now, it is not because shes asexual that bothers me, its that she feels the need to be exceptionally nasty about everyone else's orientation. She frequently calls lesbians "disgusting" in front of me, same thing with gay guys, and if the subject of Sex comes up, she gets really really pissed off and storms off and refuses to speak to us [her group of friends] for days at a time.

Personally, i dont think shes Asexual, but just a gigantic prude with issues.

I'm not sure what to do about this.

2. Louise

Well I don't think there really is anything much you can do. This girl obviously has huge issues with sex, of any sort and that is really rather sad for her. She may have had experiences in her life that have left her feeling like this. I don't think she is being prudish otherwise she would have mentioned her asexuality or discuss lebians or gays with you.

You could try being a bit sensitive to her needs but also remind her that everybody has the right to their sexuality and one form is no more nor less disgusting than another. Sex is a fact of life, it is a necessary biological function, it doesn't have to be smutty or dirty. It seems to me that she has the wrong idea of what sex is all about.

The other thing to do is just steer away from sexual topics when she is around seeing that she has such a violent reaction to it which isn't in anyway normal. You could try questioning her like 'In what way is lesbian sex disgusting, its just two girls enjoying each others bodies' sort of question and see if she has any valable answer or it is just anger and embarassement on her part.