1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help im coming out to my brother in an hour

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Annael, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Annael

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi I need help O_O

I decided to come out to my brother and told him I would call him about something, about an hour from now. I felt pretty sure I was ready to do this, but I'm really nervous because this is the first time I have ever actually come out to someone using my voice- i came out to a friend through text before. Even though he's said some slightly homophobic things, like using gay as a casual insult, ("that's so gay"), I know he loves me and wouldn't react too badly.

Can anyone give me any advice on what to say? Like I was just sort of planning on saying the same thing most other people say, like "hey, so I'm sorry I couldn't tell you this before because I was scared, but I'm tired of hiding who I am" but I'm just nervous because I'm so much more confident talking to people through text.

2. TempUsername3

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm sure everything will go fine, its always nerve wracking to say it with your voice rather than over text because with text, its semi anonymous, you can take back what you said with "Sorry, that was my friend" or "Oops, typo" but with your voice, you can't take it back.

You're going to be just fine, remember to breathe and everything will go okay.

3. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Let us know how it goes! I'm guessing you may have already called him. If you haven't yet, just remember how important it is to you that you tell him, even though it may seem very scary and wrong in the moment. Once you get it out, I'm sure you'll be very relieved and wonder why you worried so much.
    Best of luck!

4. TheBitchiestB

Hey, I came out to my sister today. It was so casual, it felt like a typical conversation. Heck, it wasn't even a conversation. She was just talking about a guy and said she was too nervous to ask for his number, I said I would and she said she always knew I was gay, but I told her I wasn't and she was like "oh, you bi little biatch" and I just winked lol. Good luck to you, I hope it goes well. I'm so happy right now.

5. bidemi

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Nice to se e u have accepting family members,hopefully one day I'll be able to come out to my sister too