1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which friend should I come out to first?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Noodle72, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Noodle72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello

I've been wanting to come out for a while, and when I realized I didn't have anyone to ask who I should come out to first, I remembered this site so I came back here for some advice.

I have quite a few friends I'd like to come out to, and I will be out to all of them eventually, but for now I have two friends I've narrowed it down to and I don't know which one I should tell first.

One of my friends is probably the closest to me of all my friends, and she'd most likely be there when I need to talk to her. I know she'd accept me, but I might have to explain to her what panromantic and demiboy mean.

On the other hand, I have a friend who recently came out as bisexual, but I'm not as close to her. I know she has loads of knowledge with all sorts of LGBT+ identities so I probably wouldn't have to explain panromantic or demiboy.

So my first friend, I'm already closer to, but she's straight and cis and might not know what my LGBT+ identities mean, and my other friend isn't as close to me but since she's also LGBT+ and knows what my identifiers mean, it might be easier to talk to her.

I want to come out soon but I just don't know who to tell.
    Thanks in advance for any advice :slight_smile:

2. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Start with whoever you are closest to, then move on from there. It's always the hardest to do the first time around, so you need to do it with someone who you are completely comfortable with. If they don't know what panromantic/demiboy is, then just explain it to them. They seem like they'll accept you no matter what happens :slight_smile: Good luck!

3. DietCoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It doesn't matter who you come out to first. Just that you are comfortable enough to tell a person. If you feel that you're comfortable enough with both of these girls why not tell them both?

4. Majush93

Out Status:
    Some people
    coming out to your bisexual friend would be probably easier but I think you should come out to the other friend first :wink: the one you feel closer to :wink: and if you think that she wouldn´t understand some things then you can, even before coming out, explain it to her :wink: you can ask her question: "Do you know what panromantic means? Do you know what that and that means?" You can then say that you read it somewhere or it just interested you and you explain it to her :wink: eventually, when you will feel that she understand enought and you are ready, you come out to her :wink: that is what I would do at least xD but it´s completely up to you, how you come out :wink: you can come out to both of them :wink:)

anaway, I wish you the best :slight_smile:) have a amazing day :wink: