1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

17/M/Gay and I need advice for my situation

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ThatOneGayGuy, Oct 20, 2015.

1. ThatOneGayGuy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So to start it off. I am 17, a male and I am gay. I am into chubby guys and at my school there is this guy that I have a crush on that is continuing from last year. He is in my 3rd period (Weight Lifting) and I am in a 3 person group with him. There has been multiple eye contact and smiles that were exchanged when we look at each other, even a little bit of chit chat, but not a full on conversation. I have even seen him smile qith his teeth showing and gums (if this will provide helpful advice towards my situation). This one time when we were doing a burn-out session before we head to the locker room to dress up, we did wall sits and I sit there, and I had a feeling of him looking at me so I look over towards him and he was looking at me and I swear he was pinching back a smile then he looked a way. There has also been another encounter with him and he would be my spotter for bench pressing and he rarely compliments me on anything and I was finishing up a set and got up so they could do one and he said to me, "Nice job Curtis." Which is the first time I heard him say my name or have said anything to me after I finished a set. This other one where I was doing a squat and my legs were aching and after I finished the set, I kind of grunted and massaged the back of my thigh. Again, he asked me if I was alright, which again, has never occured when I was having other problems or the other guy was having problems. Anyways, I don't know if he's straight or not and I need your guys help/advice.

P.S. I am out of the closet to my family and my two only friends. I am still in the closet at school.

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Assuming that you want to get to know him better, or like him, there's really only one way forward - one of you needs to start talking to the other. :slight_smile: Ask him if he wants to hang out sometime. Ask him a question about an assignment or a class. Ask him if he likes a TV show, movie, or whatever else - really anything to get a conversation started.

The more you get to know him, the easier it will be to tell if he's straight or not (or to get to a place where you're comfortable coming out to him yourself).

Good luck!

3. guitar

It's really hard to tell as there aren't a lot of clues. Some people are naturally flirty / affectionate, but not gay. He could just like you as a friend/acquaintance, or there might be something more. Like Gravity said, the only way to know for sure is to talk to him. Make up something to talk about. Ask him about an assignment/homework. Maybe make a reference to a TV show or game and see if he bites and has an interest in it. You'd be amazed if you just start talking to people and smile they often are friendly right back. :slight_smile:

4. ThatOneGayGuy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you guys for your responses :slight_smile: Going to try and talk to him and start a conversation.