1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

grandparents….

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by el229, Oct 23, 2015.

1. el229

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm starting to consider coming out to my grandparents. I honestly have no idea how they'll react. I doubt they would hate me, but I'm nervous because they both have yea;th conditions and I don't want to somehow shock and stress them to the point that it gets worse. one of them has a heart issue. On the other hand, i don't want to wait any longer because I'm scared that it will end up being a big regret of mine. In ten years when they're gone, I don't want to wish I had told them.

Has anyone else regretted coming out or not coming out? And how should I approach this? (I'm already out to my immediate family)

2. Xanesa21

Well i'm not sure about my orientation so this won't be mine experience but experience of someone which im really close :slight_smile:
    My cousin is gay, he was around 15 or 16 when he come out to his parents and like 18 when he come out to his grandparents. I must say his grandfather is very conservative and even i was afraid about this what he will say/do.
    After he told them they was like "oh hormones" they didn't take it serious. But after some time they accept him. His grandmother talk to him about this, and she said that she don't want other grandson and she love him and she just want him to be happy. His grandfather accept this like.. he is not talking about this (i think he is not happy after all) but he have great contact with him anyway.

I don't know your granparents, i don't know how they can react for that. If your'e afraid that it can gave one of them heart attack.. idk. To be honest they don't need to know about this :slight_smile: But if you really want them to know you can always "explore the area" like ask them about LGBT stuff and what they thing about this :slight_smile:

Good luck brah :grin:
    (Sorry for terrible english)