1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need advice!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by secretagent, Oct 25, 2015.

1. secretagent

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    :help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help:
    OK so for a while I have only been out to 1 person but then one of my friends asked me if I could tell her a secret I've never told anyone. I froze and started panicking and she saw it. A while later she asked me if I would tell her. And i kind of wanted to tell her. I mean I knew for sure she wasn't homophobic (she's Mormon and likes looking at the stereotypes with me and telling me what isn't true) and she's always told me everything even thought we don't hang out much outside of class. After she told me who she had a crush on I kind of wanted to tell her about my crushes. Then I ended up promising her that I would tell her. I told the first person I came out to about it and she said that I should tell her if I really want to and I feel comfortable with her knowing. So the Monday after I was going to tell her in person but I couldn't so I texted her about it after school and she was completely cool about it.

Ok I should get to the point of this story.
    So the day after this we acted the same but then she asked me if my parents knew about "my secret" after I answered no she just replied with interesting. Then we went back to doing math and I started talking about it. She said how she's never really met anyone like that (being careful about eavesdroppers) or they just have never come out to her before. Then she asked a questing that caught me off guard she asked "do you find me attractive?" I didn't want to answer that because I didn't want things to be weird since I did find her attractive a lot actually but she seemed fine about me not answering( I think it was just her curiosity about what people thought about her). After that I felt happier and better about my self. 2 days later I told her about how talking about it with her makes everything seem less depressing. then we just talked a little more about it and how i want to come out completely because of how it helped me feel better.

I'm not very good at getting to the point. This is the point...
    The problem is she is moving. Either in 3 weeks or in 3 months depending on when finals are. After she moves I won't be able to talk about it in person and she wont be there to say "I don't think it's weird" after I explain how weird every thing is. I don't want her to leave for my own selfish reasons. That I will have to go back to hiding it afterwards. The first person I told acts completely normal about it as though I never even told her and although i'm closeted that's not what I want.

What i'm asking...
    Do you think I should just come out or do you think I should wait?
    Do you think i'm rushing everything?
    If I should come out should I just come out to my close friends at first?
    Any other advice will be greatly appreciated. I could use any help you can give me.
    Thanks in advance for helping. Sorry that most of this was a rant.

2. Hopeful

I don't think you're rushing! If you're ready to come out to people, why wait? I'd start with close friends first but if you'd rather tell everyone right away, go for it! :slight_smile: