1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I am ready to come out.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MayaBee, Oct 26, 2015.

1. MayaBee

Today I have been thinking a lot. I know, that I dont know my sexuality, all I know is that I am not straight. And I want to come out. I know, yesterday I posted about how just thinking of it made me cry. And that's true, I still tear up thinking about coming out. But I have had this coming out conversation so often in my head, always thinking that tomorrow, I am going to do it. But I never had the courage to. And I decided, that it cant go on like that. I am going to come out. Tomorrow. To my best friend, who will accept me and tell me that it is okay. Because I realized, that having this conversation for a thousand times in my head, means that I want to talk about it. And now, I will do it.

2. Rainbows~Exist

Congratulations! \(^o^\)

Whatever may happen, good or bad, just remember that I and the rest of EC will fully support you and be happy for you! :slight_smile:

3. MayaBee

Thank you :slight_smile:

4. ResidentTheatreKid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, so I went through this a few months back, and when I came out to my mum... It didn't go well. It wasn't in the best circumstances and she's homophobic to begin with.

Just... I'd recommend, if at all possible, telling another family member that first in case your parents don't take to it well. I hate to be the bummer on the thread, because you really are brave to be thinking of doing this and it will probably be fine, but coming out to my mum over 5 months ago now is one of the biggest regrets.

I wish you the best of luck, and we're always here if you need to talk! xXx

5. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am so proud of you. You are so brave. I know you must be thinking, "This girl doesn't know me. She's just saying that to be nice." But truly, reading your post spoke to me. I don't know why. You're way more brave than me.

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! It sounds like that you are ready to give it a try. The first couple of coming outs are always the hardest ones. But things do get easier after that, especially once you start building your support network.

One thing that could help, is to look at yourself in the mirror, and say out loud: I can do this! That can give you some more motivation and courage. Thinking about it, and readying yourself for it, takes already courage.

Good luck! Let us know how it all turns out. :slight_smile:

7. secretagent

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hey i'm in the exact same position except that I have told 2 people I came out to them as not straight since i'm not sure what my sexuality is completely. I can't help as much as other can but I just wanted to say you're not alone. It's hard but you'll feel much better about it after you're out. Sorry if this didn't help.