1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going to meet my crush for the first time - stressed!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by acorn7, Jan 13, 2009.

1. acorn7

Friday night I'm going to meet the guy I've had a crush on for a while. He doesn't know (yet) that I exist... and it's totally stressing me out! Here's the backstory:

So at the end of school in December I noticed this really cute guy (he sat next to me in the computer lab)(Let's call him F.). I was instantly kind of "in crush" with him, and I talked about him to some of my friends. One of them (let's call her M.) actually knew F., because he's an old and great friend of her best friend, P.

So M. talked to P. about the fact I had a sizeable crush on F., and so I met P. and she talked a bit about F.: OMG, we have so much in common. He won all the top prizes at his high school (like me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:), he's artistic, and he's just all-around all what I could ask for.

But of course, he doesn't even know I exist. So P. invited me to come to her birthday party which is this Friday (F. will obviously be there, there's going to be a good number of people). We're going to a club, which is an additional unknown 'cause I'm not a big clubbin' partyboy. Essentially, this is my chance, and I'm totally stressed out.

Tips on how to handle it, approach him, not look like an idiot or worse, a stalker (lol), anything, would be GREATLY appreaciated. Have you ever been in a similar situation?

Thanks so much.

2. RaRa

Is he Gay/Bi? That would help a lot...lol

3. Ben

Ben

Since he doesn't know you, it might be best to treat him exactly like you would treat any other new people you meet. Because you're new to him, if anything is going to happen it's got to take some time.
    He may be a bit freaked out if you start flirting with him straight away. :slight_smile:

4. Pendrin2020

Just be sure to present him with you. I can't count the number of relationships I've watched fail because one of the parties couldn't keep up an act. You know, "you're not the same person you were when we met." and such.

Be you, be honest, be true to yourself.

5. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think at this stage, it's best to not let on that you've been attracted to him for a while. It might be tough (I turn into a blithering idiot around girls I like), but it might freak him out if he thinks you've been watching him without him knowing about it. Just try to treat him as you would anyone else you'd met in the same situation. Good luck!

6. Tim

Tim

If not, I'm sure the poster will hurt P. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Good Luck, all I can really say >_<

7. acorn7

Thanks guys :slight_smile: (sorry I completely forgot to check this thread... stupid me). I have to say being myself and treating him like any other new person are smart ideas.

Also, YES, he is gay. (Can't believe I forgot to mention it.) At least, all his girl friends say he is, but maybe he's not 100% comfortable about it.

Unfortunately, I learned like 20 minutes ago he won't be able to come. ARGH! All this stress for nothing, and now I have to find another occasion to meet him. Still going to the friend's party, at least I'll get to know her better. Thanks again for the suggestions and keep them coming if you like :wink:

8. Lychee

Aaww. You should still try your best to have a great time - because everyone wants to be around people who are having fun :slight_smile:

And then, perhaps your reputation as a fun and outgoing guy will precede you, and your crush might become more interested in getting to know you, next time when an opportunity presents itself :]

9. acorn7

Yes! That is the plan! :wink: The good side is there won't be any pressure to be cool with him and I can just enjoy myself. I'm going now :slight_smile:

10. RaRa

Have fun and good luck with him later. :slight_smile: