1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning on coming out to my high school friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by tulipinacup, Oct 27, 2015.

1. tulipinacup

So this isn't really me asking for an advice and all but I just wanted to get good vibes here. Yesterday was my birthday and my friend from high school asked me out for a coffee today which also got me into thinking maybe this is the proper time to come out to her. We haven't really met for like months now and I'm just a little nervous about it. I actually had a crush on her back in high school and almost asked her to be my girlfriend but that was just me trying to "fit in". What's really interesting though is that she had a girlfriend before who sadly passed away so I take it that she's gay too but who knows?

2. Majush93

Out Status:
    Some people
    hi :slight_smile: I think it´s okay to feel nervous about it, I did too (even when I knew that my friend will be 100% supportive xD)

If you feel comfortable with her and you think she will be supportive, and most importantly you want to come out, I don´t see why you wouldn´t :wink:

Anyway, good luck :wink:

3. tulipinacup

So I finally did last night and she took it lightly. It actually took me a few beers to drink before I could even say it but I didn't want to be drunk just in case she blames it on the alcohol. I feel relieved about it and I'm glad she was only one of my close friend who could understand my situation. She was surprised I was able to keep it from anyone. So I'm pretty much her gay token friend now. Juust kidding