1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

There's this girl...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ccdd, Jan 14, 2009.

1. ccdd

ccdd Guest

So there's this girl.... I've known her for a few months now and have quite a bit of a crush on her! She describes herself as bisexual, but mostly straight, is single, and more or less knows about me...

The thing is, we have great fun together, and whenever there are a group of us, she always singles me out and it's just the two of us, and we often flirt and things. We're organising to go out for drinks together and meeting up at the weekend and things. The only thing is, whilst I don't see her as a long-term girlfriend or anything (I don't think we'd be that suited, plus that's not what I want at the moment), I quite like her, and would quite like something to happen. However, I don't know how much she's just messing around, if that makes sense. Even though our conversation and things would suggest that we're headed that way, I don't really know if she would actually like to go out with me...or (even) if her bisexuality is real or just for attention (although, as she's in her twenties like me, she should have grown out of that sort of pretence - I'm sure a lot of you know the sort of thing I mean).

I really like her, and we're really good friends, and when we were out the other night it was obvious to myself, that yes, I *DO* like her, regardless of the fact that I want to be straight...

At the moment, I'm planning to spend more time with her, including on her own, and just seeing what happens. But has anyone else had experience of this - when there's someone and you don't know if they're messing around or not? Or, even if they are messing around, whether they're just having some fun, or, say, it's because they haven't really ever had a relationship, and they're a bit nervoud? I mean, it could be that she just doesn't fancy me, but just likes pretending she does... I don't know! How am I suppose to know????

I don't think I've painted her in the best light, but she is very nice, a couple of years younger than me, and has never really had a relationship, and she does seem to always single me out and ignore others, like me her - but maybe we just have a flirtatious friendship???? I really don't know...

Not really sure what advice you could give, really, that I probably couldn't give myself, but I was wondering what you thought and/or if you'd ever been in a similar situation.

CloseHeart likes this.
  2. ilovelife

Hello. I think you should just go for it and spend more time with her. You'll find out if she's serious about it soon enough. It'll be fine, since you aren't really looking for a long-term thing. :]

3. loving the pink

I think you shoudl just go for it ...ask her out on a date. If she describes herself as bisexual, and isopen about it, then another woman asking her out is not going to be a shock to her, and then at least you would know if she is serious and not just declaring herself bisexual to be fashionable. The worst that can happen is she says no, at least then you will know and you can move on to the next cutie :slight_smile:

Good luck, keep us updated!

C x