1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird hinting.....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ImaGuy, Oct 28, 2015.

1. ImaGuy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So my mom, whenever we get on the topic of LGBT for whatever reason, will end the conversation by saying you can tell me if your gay you know I would always love you. I always laugh and say I'm not gay, just shrug it off. Do you think she might actually think I am gay? Or bisexual or whatever. I don't act gay, and I'm not out to anyone, and there is no possible way she could see anything online, as I clean up my history. So what do you guys think? Anyone have similar experiences?(&&&)

2. 50ishandout

She knows something about you, your her son. Just tell her. She's telling you it's ok.

3. itsbrooklyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Generally speaking your mums going to know that somethings up, if she's saying it's okay and she'll always love you, you should just tell her.

4. Kaboom

I did, yes. Basically I told my mom and my sister I was dating a girl and it was serious. I think that relationship is what made me want to be more open. I didn't want to keep such a big part of my life from my mom and my sister. We've always been close. So I told them about her and I told them I was bi initially. I had so many reasons why I felt most comfortable doing that instead of coming out as a lesbian. I won't bore you guys will the long story.

They had confused looks on their faces. "you're not a lesbian?" I told them more about the girl I was seeing at the time and everything lol and my mom was like "Just admit you're a lesbian, it's fine." It was such a casual conversation. She didn't even pause putting xmas ornaments on the tree.

You should just tell your mom. She sounds like she's supportive. You're fortunate to have that. I feel very fortunate to have that.

5. ImaGuy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yea, I am debating whether to tell or not. I am thinking about waiting, at least until I have a serious relationship with a guy, if that ever happens. If I only go long term with a girl, then there is no need for me to tell anyone. Thanks for your response.

6. Kaboom

It's completely up to you :slight_smile: in your own time and your own space. There's no rush.

As far as only ever going long term with a girl, that wouldn't change that you're bisexual. Being bisexual would still be a part of who you are. I think in time you'll want to share that with someone.

#6 Kaboom, Oct 30, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  7. ruby421

my mom keeps doing that to me as well, when ever we talk about lgbt things she says, "you know if you came out i would be ok" and i just laugh and go thanks and kinda play it off..it is unsettling though